2010 Football World Cup-South Africa

beatsMcGee

Pioneer Member
for all the football fans I just wanted to make a thread for the up coming World Cup in South Africa, we can talk about standings, results, upsets, rivarlries and the like. so here it is, your World Cup thread!!

and without much further adu, the real reason I had to make this thread.

England-4 Coratia-1 (i just had to say it, so proud...)

logoG2511_468x530.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 2010 World Cup-South Africa

It would be nice to see the U.S. do something more than just qualify for the tournament. Right now, they're playing pretty well.

It would be nice to see the U.S. do something more than just qualify for the tournament. Right now, they're playing pretty well.

yea i watched them play trinadad, im not sure how it ended but when I left the gym (was running and watching the match) it was 3-0, they will have some challenges when they play better teams, but at the moment its looking good.

man i sure hope England can keep up the pace that have set thus far. Capello is really doing a stand up job. Its about time England starts delivering results like this, i should say.

how about that goal from Gerrard from 30 yards out? Damn nice

the game the other night versus Trinidad and Tobago was pretty poor i felt, especially on the part of US. passing was in need of help for sure.

I just finished watching Korea beat UAE 4-1. Pretty good Korean Team.

Great thread idea Beats

yea I'm so surprised this thread hasn't taken off to be honest.... all the football fans around the world (especially the English members since England is actually winning) and this has been forgotten... so sad

oh and just in case anyone is wondering (b/c my location in NC) I'm an England supporter. My Dads English (and me and my sis were born in Wales and my Mom is American) and growing up we always naturally pulled for England. Man you should hear him scream when England plays Germany.. its like WWIII (win or lose).

Well i'm english but i'm not really a massive football hooligan or anything. I don't hate it though like most of my mates, one of them thinks it's a "sissy sport" which is why he became a FIFA recognised referee as a little side job :p. But yeah it's pretty good that england are actually winning. I mean we really showed croatia what for, them thinking "oh we'll beat these guys easy just like we did in the European cup qualifiers" but then they lost big style lol. We made it 4 out of 4 so far. It's been 42 years since our last (which was also our first) world cup victory. We came close in 2002, we could almost taste it. Maybe under fabbio (who looks like my history teacher :p) we might just do this (or maybe not. Ah well.)

Well i'm english but i'm not really a massive football hooligan or anything. I don't hate it though like most of my mates, one of them thinks it's a "sissy sport" which is why he became a FIFA recognised referee as a little side job :p. But yeah it's pretty good that england are actually winning. I mean we really showed croatia what for, them thinking "oh we'll beat these guys easy just like we did in the European cup qualifiers" but then they lost big style lol. We made it 4 out of 4 so far. It's been 42 years since our last (which was also our first) world cup victory. We came close in 2002, we could almost taste it. Maybe under fabbio (who looks like my history teacher :p) we might just do this (or maybe not. Ah well.)

yeah, Fabio Capello is the perfect man for the job it seems, I really trust his judgement (at least so far, all except not haveing Michael Owen at least ON the squad), hes not letting those big last names take control of the pitch.

As far as I remember, England was one of the favorites in 2006.
How did that work out for England?
After Germany taking third in 2006 and second in the Euro 2008, I guess we have to take the bucket in 2010.

man i sure hope England can keep up the pace that have set thus far. Capello is really doing a stand up job. Its about time England starts delivering results like this, i should say.

how about that goal from Gerrard from 30 yards out? Damn nice

yea they were favorited to win 06'. its like a never ending cycle... we have the talent its just sad that it all crumbles when it counts, but under Capello we've all got a glimmer of hope. If Rooney never had gotten that red card and Beckham that stupid injury just after half-time in the Portugal match, I think England would have won that match in the penalties and advanced on... it was unfortunate really, they got unlucky...BUT 2010 is just around the corner.

Boyd will show Scotland the way.......England need a keeper....how about bringing Peter Shilton out of retirement???

I think it may be a bit early, but as we get closer this thread may pick-up. If it is still here.Can I have a Sticky??

Last edited:

yea i know a lot of people aren't paying attention to it as of yet...

im bummed at how little coverage (TV wise) the qualifying games are getting... no stations around here, that i know of, are covering it.. i have to watch all the highlights on footytube.

sticky would be awesome.

I am lucky enough to have Fox Soccer Channel. BPL on Saturday and Sunday morning. Italian League matches, UEFA , all of it. Can't wait for 2010.

I am lucky enough to have Fox Soccer Channel. BPL on Saturday and Sunday morning. Italian League matches, UEFA , all of it. Can't wait for 2010.

so lucky.. i have just basic cable. but at my girlfriends moms house they have FSC. so ill be there a lot.

What do you guys think of the World Cup Draw? Pretty happy with group C, hope England does well.

Who do you think is the group of "death" as they call it. Id probably have to go with group G.

Should be a fun one!

I think group G and I hope Team USA does well but England scares me.

Look out for Australia!

I mean, hey, we beat football giants like Oman and Uzbekistan to qualify (and we would have beaten Khazakstan too and broken Borat's heart if they were there). If it ends in -stan the chances are we'll beat 'em!

Poor old Germany and Serbia. How can they hope to compete?

;-)

Back