poisonous friend

Maybe some of you guys will know about cougars or other animals of that kind? It is rumoured that we have at least one big cat prowling around on the moors here. There are many plantations of fir trees and large areas of deserted countryside and I think it is possible.

Local farmers have reported finding carcasses of ripped up sheep and although we do have foxes and other small carrion eaters we don't have anything that could actually tear a sheep apart. The point is, you wouldn't want to meet this baby out on the open moor on a dark night. It has been christened the Beast of Bodmin Moor but very few have seen it.

Also in the same area we have Britains only species of poisonous snake, the adder. They are pretty tame though compared with what you guys have.
The bite can be harmful but nobody has died for many years. The local hospital keeps snake venom antidote in stock because every now and again someone gets unlucky.

Aw, come on, really? The Beast of Bodmin Moor. Myth, legend, booooo!

But yeah, only Adders to worry about. Or a cow laying down on you :p

Could you go into a little more detail as to why this particular spider won't be bothering you anymore?

It is just a part of life here. You become acustomed to these creatures. I was attacked by a king brown snake on my 13th birthday...I was wearing boots so it bit the crap out of them and not my toe.

I have also been kicked by a kangaroo, bitten by a dolphin (I know, I know...crazy huh), belted in the head by a sheep, stung by a red-back spider and kicked by a horse which left an imprint of my body on the side of the shed.

Geez, you're not exactly Dr Dolittle, are you? :)

My animal problems:
Bitten on the bum by a garden spider hiding in my knickers
Bitten by a bull ant - about as painful as being ...
Stung by bees
Bitten by yappy terrier and scratched by a cat
Bullied at school by nasty animals
Bullied at work by nasty bosses

White tailed spiders are wicked things. Only rarely come across them (or funnel webs or red backs) a couple of them before. They're super fast because they hunt other spiders.

Back