DW DIFFERENCES.....

A-customs

Silver Member
Collectors verses Performance series....... Hardware ?Shells? where they are made???

Collectors verses Performance series....... Hardware ?Shells? where they are made???

Finish options and the type of cross-grain technology(SSC) employed are the major differences. Cosmetically, the Performance drums use a smaller turret lug. Price of course is the biggest difference.

Finish options and the type of cross-grain technology(SSC) employed are the major differences. Cosmetically, the Performance drums use a smaller turret lug. Price of course is the biggest difference.

Yup ^^

The collectors series you can customize all you want, color of hardware, shell designs,types of wood used, shell sizes, shell finishes and the list goes on. Performance series the finishes are limited to the ones they listed and the smaller turret lug. Performance series are Made in USA (California I believe)

I have a performance series I got when they first came out and could not be happier!! They had a finish I wanted, I loved the smaller turret lugs and most importantly I love how they sound. They do have a pretty wide tuning range.

Every Collectors kit is made to order. It is a custom kit and has virtually limitless options of configurations, colors, and finishes. Performance series are production kits that are pre-made and come in a limited number of colors, sizes and finishes. The performance also uses eight ply maple hvx shells without re-rings, while Collectors use six,seven,and eight ply maple shells in standard, vlt, hvlt, hvx, hvlx, plus maple/mahogany, and birch shells all with or without 're-rings. Both series are made at the DW plant in Oxnard, California.

I think it would be cool if you could get a collector's kit with the performance lugs. Does anyone know if DW would do/has done this? I know the option isn't on the website.

Seriously, the giant camco lugs are hideous. DW should seriously consider just making the performance lugs standard. Maybe I should put this in the unpopular thread...

Not sure whether the Performance drums come with True Hoops, which are standard on the Collectors. They're terrific hoops.

Performance drums use graduated hoops like Collectors, without the True Hoops name.
DW will not make a Collectors drum with Performance lugs.

SunDog, don't forget Cherry shell Collectors, which I own and love!

Attachments

• DW Collectors Cherry1 copy.jpg
    DW Collectors Cherry1 copy.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 671
Performance drums use graduated hoops like Collectors, without the True Hoops name.

Very nice indeed, cherry is a beautiful wood for drums. I am really digging the Craviotto solid cherry 13 x 5.5" snare I received recently. I would love to wrangle my way into a cherry kit.

I knew I'd leave out something. All of your Dubs are awesome.

Jbonzo1 your kits Beautiful buddy.

Back