Power Speakers

Sparkadv

Hi guys, I play in a active cover band. We have been using some old huge and heavy Beringher speakers. They are good, but too big and very unpractical. We are looking into upgrading to a smaller-sized/affordable/good quality Power Speakers. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I have a PA system, a pair of JBL EON-15 inch powered speakers. They aren't the cheapest or the lightest (15 inches, 45 pounds, 300 watts each) but they will swallow an entire band and then some with excellent quality. Amazing headroom. Now is the time to find great cheap gear on Craigslist so go for it.

You are right in getting powered speakers. Hassling with an amp and cables isn't worth it.

If you have a whole band, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 15 inch speakers. Sorry, but a full band needs a full system. Plus, you can always go with one speaker for smaller gigs.

I have a PA system, a pair of JBL EON-15 inch powered speakers. They aren't the cheapest or the lightest (15 inches, 45 pounds, 300 watts each) but they will swallow an entire band and then some with excellent quality. Amazing headroom. Now is the time to find great cheap gear on Craigslist so go for it.

You are right in getting powered speakers. Hassling with an amp and cables isn't worth it.

If you have a whole band, I wouldn't recommend anything smaller than 15 inch speakers. Sorry, but a full band needs a full system. Plus, you can always go with one speaker for smaller gigs.

JBL make quality gear. Although I have no experience with the system DMC describes, it sounds like a sensible solution.

We have a four piece band. Usually we play in a small to medium size venues/bars. If we need to play in bigger events we hire a sound tech. Most of the time we only mic the vocals, guitar, bass and kick. A lot of people is telling us to go PS.

Back