Truth

deltadrummer1

How do we define 'truth'? Is truth relative or absolute or can it be both? Can two contradictory things be true at the same time?

Speak your mind without lies, nor offense, nor fear. Nevertheless, what do you think?

Really?? On a drumming forum? Sure, why not.

I guess one question would be, is there any objective truth? What type of truth would be objective? Moral truth? I might say no on the moral truth front, though one may be able to make a case to me regarding "other" truth, like the truth of the statement Newton's first law being objective. On the other hand, if we get all our information through our senses, how can we be certain that even if there is "truth" we have the ability to perceive it? Could it be that there is both objective truth, but also many different subjective truths that that may not be related? Or maybe neither? So yeah, lots of questions and people have been asking them for a long long time. Personally, I'm not quite willing to shut the door on any of those possiblities...

One truth and that is self-evidence of yourself. As the famous phrase goes 'cogito ergo sum.'

Truth is a brand of custom drums that use Kellor shells.

What?

It's also a single by Seether.

Personally i think truth is relative. I think that anything that you believe to be true will be true as far as you see. It might not actually be true but then again can we really say that anything is true? After all the only things we can say to be true are what we experience, and sometimes that can be misleading. I think words like "factual" and "objective" can be misleading because these are only really things that are believed by a majority or by an authority.

Have a good long audit with the IRS They will be happy to show you the truth. Try proving that they're wrong too !

Truth:
Through my personal concept of plausible deniability combined with my ultimately perfect concept of the 50/50 law of equal chance here's my feeling on things:

Nothing is truth because nothing can be proven, my inability to prove anything comes from the conceptualization of life as a sham. Everything can be lied about and everything is (in general) just a system of signals being interpreted by my brain. Considering the infinite odds against intelligent life none of this can or should be happening. Fortunately the infinite odds can be reduced to 50/50 (things either happen or they don't) 100% of the time thus making life not only possible, but by standards nearly more probable than not. So there you have it, truth exists only as thought because in reality there is no reality because of a 50% chance that nothing has or will ever happen.

Anyway:

Truth is actually a sham, it's an accepted ultimatum passed down by the populace. Just because one discovers something that is in all actuality true it doesn't mean anyone will believe him/her. In fact many findings are regarded as untrue until one amasses the largest number of people, guns, and money to back up his or her philosophy.

I love playing drumset, and that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...

truth is a concept we use to convey an idea to one another. it is no more real then anything else you can imagine. just because the word truth has an accepted or agreed upon meaning, does not give it existance. not in the physical sense. and the physical sense is the only thing that can be used as an absolute standard of reality because anything else is a figment of your imagination

How do we define 'truth'? Is truth relative or absolute or can it be both? Can two contradictory things be true at the same time?

There is no known absolute truth.

And if someone knows, then he or she isnt of this earth.

All truths are relative. There is your truth & my truth.

From the truth of the colonists v/s the truth of the American Indian,

to the truth of scientific experiments v/s the relativity theory,

its all basis so many assumptions that the one thing we can be sure of is thats there's no sure thing here.

Any event, experience, place, person, or thing can be interpreted a myriad different ways.

The definition of truth for me would be that it or an honest expression of an experience or a belief, which at best can only be an interpretation.

I love playing drumset, and that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...

You sure you 'aint dreaming this whole up? ; )

Have a good long audit with the IRS They will be happy to show you the truth. Try proving that they're wrong too !

Here's the living nightmare........

Truth can be both absolute and relative. Two contradictory things can be true at the same time; but two things that are contradictory can never be true at the same time.

two things that are contradictory can never be true at the same time.

Contradictory can be seemingly contradictory.

Einstein did end up concluding that only God could have created the universe because it was the most flawless and perfect form possible, and there was no other explanation for it

Einstein did end up concluding that only God could have created the universe because it was the most flawless and perfect form possible, and there was no other explanation for it

Yeah, but there have been millions of gods throughout history. It could have been your god, it could have been anyone's god. These gods and their creation stories cannot coexist, because they all contradict each other.

Back