Apollo 100 -The Rare & Great "Drum" Version of the song "Popcorn" You've Probably Never Heard!

Ruok

Silver Member
Apollo 100 -The Rare & Great "Drum" Version of the song "Popcorn" You've Probably Never Heard!

If you're old enough, you may remember the song called Popcorn that I think was made famous by "Hot Butter" in the early 1970s. Apollo 100 did a very similar version of that song. But there is also another version that Apollo 100 did and it appears very few people are aware of it. I was about 6 or 7 when I first heard this rare version on the 1972 Master Pieces album and immediately fell in love with the drums. If you have about 4 minutes to spare check it out here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmilpJoP-m4. BTW, the drummer is Clem Cattini.

Re: Apollo 100 -The Rare & Great "Drum" Version of the song "Popcorn" You've Probably Never Heard!

The original was a big hit in Montreal when I was in my late teens.
This is certainly a different take on it; less irritating. Nice find.

Re: Apollo 100 -The Rare & Great "Drum" Version of the song "Popcorn" You've Probably Never Heard!

Interesting version.. workin them toms out..

When I was in grade school, our music teacher used to play a rather annoying synthy version of tune for us. I enjoy this one much better!

The original was Rick Marotta on drums.

The original was written by Gershon Kingsley and was on his 1969 album called "Music To Moog By." At least that's what Wikipedia and this Youtube page says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYTu__hhMws

Is that a real drummer on there?

right you are. I see a few that say original???? The one i remember is by Hot Butter? with all of the snare work.

Last edited:
Back