Grant's Drum City - Dallas

drumguyokc

Anyone remember this shop in the Dallas area? I bought much of my early gear, cymbals, pedals, and drums from Grant in the early 90s. I even went down with some college buddies to Hard Rock Dallas and participated in the drum solo contest he hosted in about '92 or '93. I got 2nd, with two of my buddies getting 1st and 4th. And I won a cymbal for that. About a month later I ordered more stuff and kept getting the run around about why it wasn't being delivered. Shortly after that I learned he had gone out of business. I lost about $400. Just remembering that for some reason today...

I remember Grant's Drum City. It was located in Irving, Texas. I bought some Humes & Berg cases from Grant.

Last edited:
The only large cymbal collection I remember in the 80's and 90's in Dallas was Brook Mays Pro Shop. I think Lone Star Percussion used to be located in Garland back in the day, but I could be wrong.

No, I'm not referring to Lonestar. Grant's Drum City was located in Irving- I still have a t-shirt from there with the address and phone number with the Dallas skyline logo and Animal from the Muppets on the back...

Back