Pearl Piccallo Snare Question?

tortilla

hello everyone,

i have a question about the Piccallo Snare

when i called my local store to get pricing, they told me there is a brass and steel

i think the brass is cheaper than the steel (i dont remember but one is cheaper)

what is the difference between the 2?

i want to go for the cheaper one but dont know if there is something really better than the more expensive one

thanks for looking
-tortilla

Welcome to the forum.

I have played the Free Floater in brass and it sounds excellent. I have the maple version and do not like it as much as the brass version. I am not sure on current pricing but the Free Floater will set you back a few extra bucks. IMO, I would choose the brass. The best thing to do is play them both and pick the sound you like best even if it costs you a few extra dollars. You will be a much happier person in the end cause you are going to have that snare for a while.

The free-floater is actually made out of copper.

Its a beautiful sounding drum.

Attachments

• 1106665_5769_popup.jpg
    1106665_5769_popup.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 99
I've played the steel one before and it's awesome. It's great as a main snare for r&b, jazz, or funk or as a secondary snare for rock. It has a nice crack. The steel is the cheapest one.

guys, he said no where that the drum was free floating!

im assuming that whichever drum this is, its a low end simple pearl picollo. as far as the type of material the drum is made out of, id personally go with brass. but thats only because theres a ton of steel drums out there..and those kinda get old after a while.

(comin from a guy with a 12x4 steel tama picollo and 14x4 pearl free floating maple)

yes...just the simple pearl piccallo snare.

like i said, i dont remember what the guy at the store said was cheaper

but its either: $195 or $245 (brass and steel)

im more or less going to go with the cheaper one, but i think both sound great

thanks alot

Back