How do I make light up bass drum?

rjoyce

I am playing in a battle of the bands in a couple weeks and to add to our visual show I want to place a light in the bass drum that will be triggered by hitting the drum. I have seen premade kits, but am on a very limited budget so was wondering if anyone has attempted this?

I've never done it myself but there are a few ways I know of. You can make a piezo sensor similar to a DIY electric kit but instead of triggering sound it lights up a light. Or if you are really on a budget just make a simple circuit between the front of the batter head and your beater so when they touch it lights up. Be careful if doing that way that you don't have live wires sticking about and use batteries not wall power.

I've never done it myself but there are a few ways I know of. You can make a piezo sensor similar to a DIY electric kit but instead of triggering sound it lights up a light. Or if you are really on a budget just make a simple circuit between the front of the batter head and your beater so when they touch it lights up. Be careful if doing that way that you don't have live wires sticking about and use batteries not wall power.

Thanks for the reply, do you know how I would make a piezo trigger actually power a light, I understand how the trigger is assembled, but what else would I need in this circuit?

Back