the Beatles or Korn

Re: the bealtes or korn

Poor Bernard. He never stood a chance.

Attachments

• funny-pictures-pizza-relevant-to-interests copy.jpg
    funny-pictures-pizza-relevant-to-interests copy.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 427

actually "are" is the verb in this sentence. In this case, its the 3rd person plural of the verb "to be." just like one says "they are" commonly.

lets stop this grammar stuff before we all make fools of ourselves.

Ah, but doesn't my bold highlight of the quote and his use of a full stop, mean i was talking about the other sentence, that actually isn't one..

Now we can stop.

Absolutely mental goings-on here....in the best way possible. Mad jokes

Congratulations on remembering how to have silly fun, folks; sometimes the best kind!

Now we know that : Irrelevant Questions = Irreverent Answers.

Is it me or did it just become CATURDAY?!?!

It is indeed CATURDAY!!!!

caturday.jpg

I think a lot of younger people may not have the understanding of just how earth shattering The Beatles were. Ringo did more for Ludwig drums than Max Roach, Buddy Rich, Lou Bellson and Ed Shaunessy combined and probably times 10.

By the way. When was Purdie ever that slim? He's lookin' svelt.

Ringo did more for Ludwig than Buddy?

Mitch Mitchells, Buddy Rich, and John Bonham did the most for Ludwig. Then shortly followed by Ringo Alex Van Halen and many others.

But, that's just an opinion.

What exactly did they copy from them? The Beatles were fun and original. Korn's music, if it could be called that, is paint-by-numbers angsty mainstream garbage. If anything, they've gone out of their way to not copy them.

Hey hey hey. Don't bash Korn. As much as you don't like them, it doesn't have to be shown that way.

I could say right now The Beatles are garbage. And how would you react to that? Same way a Korn fan would if you said Korn's music isn't music and is paint-by-numbers angsty mainstream garbage. It's music and people like it. No need to bash other bands because you don't like them.

Mitch Mitchells, Buddy Rich, and John Bonham did the most for Ludwig. Then shortly followed by Ringo Alex Van Halen and many others.

Opinions are often wrong ;) Of course Ringo did more for Ludwig than Buddy or any of the other players you name - he had by far the greater public profile, being the most famous drummer of all time etc.

Opinions are often wrong ;) Of course Ringo did more for Ludwig than Buddy or any of the other players you name - he had by far the greater public profile, being the most famous drummer of all time etc.

It's very true-- The Beatles were world-famous and so popular, and the image of Ringo keeping time behind those black oyster ludwigs was seen by so many people that it overshadowed the popularity of other drummers.

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life.......

same some of us too...

My advise: take five days your nap 5 minutes shorter, then you saved 20 minutes again - thanks to DW and his great community.

Bernhard

I just wasted 5 minutes of my life.......

Whats's the old saying? : "A bad 5 minutes on Drummerworld is better than a good 5 minutes working."

I could say right now The Beatles are garbage.

Well yes, you are right we're all made up of the same molecules as garbage. If you read the great work by Sparticus Calculhetti, 'Beatles or Korn:The question of whether we are all garbage or all return to garbage before (or after) The Rolling Stones' you'll easily understand where I'm coming from.

Interestingly Sparticus Calculhetti left a life of academia and became a corn farmer in Kent, took up drumming and discovered amazing things about the sex life of the singing scouse beatle.

Honest....I read it......there's lots about it on Wikipedia!!!

KoRn! =)
You can't spell!!! lol

Hey hey hey. Don't bash Korn. As much as you don't like them, it doesn't have to be shown that way.

I could say right now The Beatles are garbage. And how would you react to that? Same way a Korn fan would if you said Korn's music isn't music and is paint-by-numbers angsty mainstream garbage. It's music and people like it. No need to bash other bands because you don't like them.

Usually, I would take your stance. Music is music and different tunes reach different people, fine. But Korn and all bands like them, are just plain ridiculous.

Paul McCartney played on "The Ballad of John and Yoko" becuse Bernard Purdie was unavailable.

Score Update:

Beatles: 5 drummers (Pete, Ringo, John, Paul, Bernard).
Korn: 4 drummers ( David, Terry, Ray, Joey).

Beatles are ahead.
I heard that Lennon was asked if he considered Ringo the best drummer he had played with and Lennon said that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Lennon humour I am sure but McCartney did play drums on many tracks, Ringo was not keen on showing up for some of the White Album sessions, however The Beatles would not have been The Beatles without Ringo, it was kismet. The Beatles have more in common with Buddy Holly and The Everly Brothers than Korn.

Last edited:

There's no 'opinion' about it. Ringo did the most for Ludwig. After their appearance of the Ed Sullivan show, sales of Ludwig drums skyrocketed. There is NO opinion - Ringo is and always will be one of the most influential drummers of the 20th century. No opinion there - just fact.

This is like comparing apples to potatoe chips

Beatles: Much better song writing and composition, way better vocals.

Korn: Better chops drumwise (first album had some very cool drumming) musically gets a little wankerish and repetitive

Beatles win by a landslide

Why would I eat korn? I positively absolutiously spaztasticshaloustionously love beatles. Love mixing them together.

Back