What do you guys recommend for e-drum headphones/ear monitors

SoCalSteve

I have a Yamaha e-kit on the way and didn't really give any thought to headphones or in-ear monitors.

Any recommendations/advice from your own experience?

Last edited:
There is a similar thread on another forum with a hundred answers. To summarize, almost all good quality headphones, earphones, etc., seem to be fine with electronic drums.

I have been using the Vic Firth headphones with my Pearl E-Pro. IMO, they are comfortable and sound great.

Thanks guys. My kit arrived last night and I got it up and running today. My run-o-the-mill $30 headphones sound fine with it.

I'm curious how in-ear ones sound. I can see how the headphones can get sweaty and uncomfortable.

I would recommend something failry flat in the sound range, especially if you are going to be tweaking kit settings using them..you want to be able to hear the kit as it sounds coming out the module…and if you have bright headphones, it will affect the way you tweak the settings…
I'm using AKG K240's they're a pretty neutral headphone (sound-wise) and I believe you can still get them for around $99 (ebay)...

I use AKG 518s that I bought for uhm, maybe 50 bucks?

I would recommend a closed headphone type so that sound doesn't leak out.

If it gets too sweatty and hot, take a break!

Back