Your favorite books for general improvement

Bugzbunny

My first thread here -- so hey!

Just as the title says, what are your favorite books that helped in all aspects of your drumming?

Im asking because I'm planning to buy a book or two to help improve my drumming, I've been playing for
4 or 5 years now, so I'm no beginner, but Im looking for books to help me in all aspects of my playing. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

the drummers complete vocabulary by john ramsay + syncopation by ted reed. best books ever.

Stick control - by George Lawrence Stone
Syncopation- by Ted Reed
Groove Essentials - by Tommy Igoe
Great Hands for a Lifetime - by Tommy Igoe

All of these have served me well - and will keep you busy for the next 10 years or so.:)

Syncopation- by Ted Reed

My addition is Ultimate Realistic Rock - By Carmine Appice

These three books have had the greatest effect on me. They Will last me for years of lessons.

Syncopation- by Ted Reed

All of these have served me well - and will keep you busy for the next 10 years or so.:)

These are the two I've been using for the past 8 months or so and really like both. There is a ton of potential practice material in both.

hi all

check out a book called ' Drum, Aerobics' this has a 52 week programme in it and is great , everyone can get something from it , each day a diferent kind of excercise ... for all levels of players....

Double bass drum freedom - Virgil donati

Stone's "Accents and Rebounds". The latest version of this book is great - it's been updated and the new notation shows the way to really play the through the book.

Like Stick Control, the exercises in this book directly translate to your playing - a definite before and after book...

Stick Control
New Breed and II
Patterns

Usually combinations of these three, on the drumkit, for "overall improvement"

Also like Joe Morello's Master Studies and a bunch of other books, some mentioned already...some too "focused" to be general improvement. :)

The 'Patterns' series by Gary Chaffee - especially Techniques and Time Functioning

Stick Control (Classic)

Groove Perspectives - Darryn Farrugia

Back