Will a Trick GS007 fit my Snare?

Ganttman44

Hi, my strainer on my 6.5" x 14" Tama Starclassic broke and I'm looking into buying a Trick GS007 Throw Off to replace it. My one question is: Will i be able to simply replace it, or are there any adapters i need to buy first?

Good question for Trick. Couldn't find any info regarding adaptors on their site. I had to drill 3 new holes to install mine, just plugged them off with rubber dowel cord. I am sure they will respond to your question so just hit them up before you start drilling. I had the butt plate and throw mnt. hole ctr x ctr dimensions but can't find them and my drum is at the studio..bummer.

Ah, i gotcha. Well i appreciate your help, and i will definitely try to contact Trick regarding my question. I'm definitely not opposed to drilling a few extra holes, so it looks like thats what i may be doing!

Thanks Mendozart, i sent Skitch a message just a minute ago and hopefully if i need to use an adapter, i will be able to buy one from him, because the mounts in your pictures look great! What kind of drilling did you have to do, if any?

Thanks Mendozart, i sent Skitch a message just a minute ago and hopefully if i need to use an adapter, i will be able to buy one from him, because the mounts in your pictures look great! What kind of drilling did you have to do, if any?

No drilling required. Both my drums were drilled for a P-85. With the adapter, you bolt the Trick to it, and it fits the existing holes on the drum.

Back