What's your latest purchase?

Update on the CB700s I got to restore. They are mahogany, and shells look pretty good unwrapped. Still have some wrap to get off due to glue. Here's how they look unwrapped.

Attachments

• restore 1 001.jpg
    restore 1 001.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 433
Sabian HHX X-Plosion 17" crash.

OK, it's not *that* exotic but I'm really excited to be playing this - it's my first 'proper' crash :)

Attachments

• xplosion.jpg
    xplosion.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 673
Protection Racket case for the 18" bass drum from the Yamaha Club Custom kit I picked up. Going to get a case a month for it, and then for my Rogers kit.

A snare drum from a company that starts with 'G' and follows with 'uru'...

Nono GD, he is in Europe. He is clearly talking about Guadalajuru brand drums. Hand made in beautiful Guadalajara, Mexico by skilled craftsmen. They are highly prized in the European Polka scene.

Congrats!

Yep. I'm totally into the European version of the Guadalajara polka scene these days. It's addictive. Very similar to the Gastaturu one. Just personal preference.

Just got the 20" UFiP Class light crash I ordered last week.

OMFG. Now I know why all-a y'all UFiPpers are always so in love with your plates. 1755 grams of Awesomesauce. Clearly it was hammered with Mjolnir then lathed with a unicorn's horn that was sharpened by Oscar Wilde's wit.

I'm a goner. Shopping for more now in another browser window. (Not that I can afford any more right now, mind.)

Bought an Ambassador X for my 6.5x14 Pork Pie Big Black COB. Put it on with a new Ambassador hazy, cranked it up a bit, and loved the sound! Reminds me of the Bonham "Baseball bat crack" snare sound that's articulate and powerful at the same time. My band loved the sound too.

Actually a pair of 14" Paiste Prototype Signature alloy high hats in 4 star condition for $89 bucks used @Guitar Center.

Don't need them ,I got 5 pairs as it is ,but $89 bucks?

Damn you internet!

Attachments

• uncomp.jpg
    uncomp.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
2010 Ludwig Supra 402

Should have a new P86 this week to really pimp this ride.

Nothing earth shattering--just a standard DW hi-hat clutch for a fixed set of hats on a vintage TAMA remote hi-hat mount.

Attachments

• DWClutchLoRes.jpg
    DWClutchLoRes.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 702
My latest purchase i bought 2 months back (i believe). USED. Arrived with a lot of dirt, fingerprints and black oil marks. i ended up giving her a good polish!

58bdf574-e200-479d-b3ff-55b62adb1070_zpstvcllizy.jpg

Unpacking today....!

Attachments

• IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1022.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 644
I don't have a picture of it, but I should this on Friday. I first saw Buddy Rich play one of these back in 1978 at Disneyland, and now, 37 years later, I decided to buy my own Zildjian A 22" Swish Knocker! Awesome!

Back