Music123 Price Match Guarantee

Muckster

Platinum Member
Even though Music 123 and Musician's Friend are the same companies, i noticed a substantial price difference between the two on a particular cowbell i was interested in.

Turns out Music123 is $13 higher and both offer free shipping. However Music123 has a "we'll beat any advertised price" guarantee so i contacted them to see if they would beat the MF price. That was last week.....no word yet. I guess my answer is no they won't. LOL!

I'll probably order through MF but have always had great service through Music123. It just irritates me that a company boldly promotes a "beat a price" guarantee and then cowers when called on it.

I'm just venting...now back to regularly scheduled programming

Actually GC, Music 123, MF, and one other, maybe more are owned by the same conglomerate. Call them and get a rep on the phone, not email. I ordered some sticks and heads, my G14's, thru them and got a deal by calling. Get a human involved.

Actually GC, Music 123, MF, and one other, maybe more are owned by the same conglomerate. Call them and get a rep on the phone, not email. I ordered some sticks and heads, my G14's, thru them and got a deal by calling. Get a human involved.

The other one you may be thinking of is Woodwind and Brasswind. All owned by Bain Capital.

reminds me of Stanley tool works who own everything in the power tool market (Dewalt, Porter Cable etc...).

I work for a Hospital Corp. that is owned by Bain. Still trying to get my drum discounts.lol

Even though Music 123 and Musician's Friend are the same companies, i noticed a substantial price difference between the two on a particular cowbell i was interested in.

While they (and others) share the same parent company, they are treated as separate entities, and allowed to conduct business in the manner they did before they became 'related'. That's why the online stores carry brands that GC doesn't, and vice-versa. So it's not surprising there'd be some pricing differences as well.

I do my price comparisons, and buy at the best overall cost, factoring tax & shipping if applicable. But if a store says they'll meet or beat a price, they should. But just because two or more stores are owned by the same company, don't expect that those operations - or brands or pricing - would necessarily be aligned.

Bermuda

Update: Music123 came through as promised! I won't wait as long next time to call.

While they (and others) share the same parent company, they are treated as separate entities, and allowed to conduct business in the manner they did before they became 'related'. That's why the online stores carry brands that GC doesn't, and vice-versa. So it's not surprising there'd be some pricing differences as well.

I do my price comparisons, and buy at the best overall cost, factoring tax & shipping if applicable. But if a store says they'll meet or beat a price, they should. But just because two or more stores are owned by the same company, don't expect that those operations - or brands or pricing - would necessarily be aligned.

Bermuda

I'm pretty sure all of those stores ship from the same distribution center in Kansas City. At least Guitar Center and Musicians Friend both do. I've ordered from both of them and they come from the same place. That's one of the great things about living in Omaha. If I place an order before noon, UPS Ground always gets it to me the next day. I have noticed price differences between them as well, though.

Back