spin doctors "two princess" drum transcription

alek_mil

Hi,
has anybody got spin doctors "two princess" drum transcription? There are too much ghost notes going on for me to catch it by ear.

Thanx

alek_mil

I love the Drum Intro...

Bernhard

MP3: attached

Attachments

• TwoPrinces.mp3
    3.9 MB · Views: 498
I didn't have the song in my collection but I had heard the song many times. Funny; I never noticed how good the intro is. Its so quick that I missed it. I now have something to work on later today when I practice.

Hi alek_mil and Drummerworld folks,

I really like this tune also. I used to practice my ghost note stuff to it when it was on the radio.

Thanks for attaching the mp3 Bernhard.

Here's a little transcription for you...

Attachments

• Two Princes.jpg
    Two Princes.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 4,522
Thanks Terry B.
Can somebody explain the notation on the "and" of beat 1 where the main groove starts ?
There is a high-hat note on the top of the staff and what appears to be a high-hat chick with the foot at the same time on the bottom of the staff. I've seen this many other times and didn't really know how to interpret it. Is that what it should be - hi-hat with stick and foot at the same time ?
Thanks

Ok - now that I look at it again, I think maybe I understand.

Hi-hat is open. You play the two eighth notes and close as you play the second eighth note.

Is this correct ?

Thanks

Pocket Full of Kryptonite was the first album I ever bought, I still have the cassette somewhere. I remember trying to work out how to play this track as a kid!

Back