kills/amuses me what people ask for drum stuff on ebay

Either it doesn't sell, and the seller learns that its worth more to him than to anyone else. Or it does sell, and we all learn that someone else wanted it more than we did.

Basic economics.

But these glow in the dark so you can find them in the theatre you're about to rock.

That's gotta be worth a few bucks extra alone, doesn't it?

Didn't you know glow in the dark makes you play faster? Best be careful with it, might burn a hole in the kick drum head!

Got one with a used kit and didnt know it glowed until walked in there in the dark- overall its a good pedal but used for 275? no

I do love ebay for cymbals though. Just yesterday I bought two floor model Sabian HHX cymbals. One was the HHX 18" evolution crash and the other was a HHX 10" hand hammered custom splash I got for $340 from Greenbrier Music. Both came with cases AND free shipping :) Seems like a good deal to me when just the brand new HHX 18" evolution crash sells for $319 on websites

I can understand the high prices on ebay...After ebay and paypal take out their share, you're down almost 10 percent of what you sold it for. But I can't understand people asking new prices for their used gear on Craigslist...it really irks me. Many, many people are bad at sales.....

Now that Pearl has reintroduced the Export line, some of those Export drums on Ebay are going to be way overpriced. I realize that some want exact matches for what they already have, but new Export sets will be $599 for a five-piece kit with hardware. Peace and goodwill.

I can understand the high prices on ebay...After ebay and paypal take out their share, you're down almost 10 percent of what you sold it for. But I can't understand people asking new prices for their used gear on Craigslist...it really irks me. Many, many people are bad at sales.....
There's a Gretsch 57 renown on CL Boston, private sales, it's up for $1200 and I quote: "$1200 it's a steal for this set"

ha ha

I realize they're good drums, but still.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/3892557528.html

1200 made me snicker especially after I read the cymbal lineup... Then I finished out his description where he asked for TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS and suddenly it was no longer funny, just disturbing.

Did you see how destroyed that snare drum was? This finish is toast and the put a huge only what I could guess is a vent hole in it. Someone with no knowledge will probably buy it thinking they are getting a great deal.

I think people don't realize that they are never going to get back what they paid when selling used gear. If it cost $1000, it's only worth $600 to a working stiff drummer. if was super rare. collectable, and in mint condition, fine, then it's worth it. But if it's been gigged with forget it!

I don't care how rare this cymbal is, this is ridiculous! Who in their right mind would pay this price?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-K-I...2545g-Turkish-K-with-sound-file-/130936861815

Wow!!! That's insane. I have a 20" Old K that I got at a pawn shop for $75. Plus, you don't even know how it sounds and old K's are a very mixed bag. Some sound great and some sound like an awful trashcan lid. I remember Tony Williams saying he'd spend hours in the vault trying to find Turkish K's that sound decent. He was one of the driving factors in getting Zildjian to stop importing and make them in-house. But that's crazy!!! I'd much rather spend that on a Jeff Ocheltree snare.

Back