New Ludwig Legacy Classic

laaBeats

My Legacy Classic in Black Broken Glass Glitter just came in today after about 6 months of waiting. I had to pick them up on my way to work this morning, so this is the only picture I have so far. I will post more soon!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 2,892
Hurry home! Get them set up and take more pictures! Looks like a beautiful color. I have a soft spot (and preference) for Ludwig.

My Legacy Classic in Black Broken Glass Glitter just came in today after about 6 months of waiting. I had to pick them up on my way to work this morning, so this is the only picture I have so far. I will post more soon!

Great choice on the maple hoops - very classy. I had a new kick made for me last year and it's also black with blonde maple hoops. I love that look.

Great choice on the maple hoops - very classy. I had a new kick made for me last year and it's also black with blonde maple hoops. I love that look.

I appreciate the kind words. I absolutely love the maple hoops. They make the finish pop out more. Definitely classy.

Looks great! I requested the natural maple hoops w/inlay on the classic maple kit I just got, but they sent the black. Shane at Just Drums is having them send the natural hoops though.

Sweet looking kit - I hope you can post sound samples!

I was on the fence about finishes for my Classic Maples and although I wound up with WMP (and black hoops), I nearly went with Champagne Sparkle just to get the blonde maple hoops. Congrats, and I can't wait to see the rest of the kit!

A little blurry, but looks great!

I have a kit in this same finish (with long lugs), and I'd say it's my favorite finish I've seen on drums. I still love my Red Sparkle and Sable Black, but the BGG is just something special to me.

It's just really cool, and I love how it's really BLACK and not a gray or blueish tint to it.
Looks great under stage lights too.

Great looking hoops you got.
Have fun with the new Legacies, and post lots of pics!!!!!

Edit: Just noticed you are in Austin TX. Do you ever run into Hunt Sales, or see his band? He's a real cool drummer with a lot of great credits under his belt.

Last edited:
A little blurry, but looks great!

I have a kit in this same finish (with long lugs), and I'd say it's my favorite finish I've seen on drums. I still love my Red Sparkle and Sable Black, but the BGG is just something special to me.

It's just really cool, and I love how it's really BLACK and not a gray or blueish tint to it.
Looks great under stage lights too.

Great looking hoops you got.
Have fun with the new Legacies, and post lots of pics!!!!!

Edit: Just noticed you are in Austin TX. Do you ever run into Hunt Sales, or see his band? He's a real cool drummer with a lot of great credits under his belt.

Yea, the picture isn't the greatest, but I will post some better ones tomorrow morning when I finally get time to sit down and play them. I was totally stoked about how sharp the finish came out. Like you said, it truly is black, no gray or faded black/blue. I have seen Hunt Sales play with Charlie Sexton. Definitely well known, more so for his session work these days. I'll post pics and video sooN!

As promised here are some pics of my new Ludwig. I apologize for the crappy picture quality, but all I have is an iphone to take pictures with. Enjoy!

Attachments

• lud1.jpg
    lud1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,564
  • lud2.jpg
    lud2.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1,484
  • lud3.jpg
    lud3.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,536
  • lud4.jpg
    lud4.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 1,472
Man! Those are nice drums. Congrats! May they give you years of musical joy.

Nice looking set! Black sparkle?
How do they sound? Original heads?

Yeah, the finish is Black Broken Glass Glitter. They sound fantastic, even with the stock heads (medium coated weathermasters for batter and medium clear reso ). I'll post some sound clips soon.

Back