If only you knew what I know ;)

Andy

Honorary Member
About the upcoming artist announcements for the London Drum Show that is ;)

I can't say - no, I can't - yet, as a few are still to absolutely confirm, + 1 extra special artist confirming later in the year due to tour schedule, but the names I have at this stage make the LDS an absolute must go to show. There's one British artist in particular that you wouldn't dream would step on a drumming mainstage. I'm under "sentence of death" not to reveal this info :)

My reason for posting this is because I know that when the full lineup is announced, the event will sell out almost immediately. It sold out totally last year, on both days, selling out on the Saturday at least 6 weeks prior to the show. If even half the artists expected to confirm do so, it'll sell out super early. Most of the major artists are right in the final stages of the confirmation process, & some have already confirmed (but not yet announced).

So, tickets are currently on offer at £15 (a £5 saving on the full price), so go get them NOW if you're thinking of attending. I know October is a long way off, but this year, LDS will fly.

October, eh ... I'm thinking birthday present ...

Thanks for the heads-up, Andy!

OK, so I'll play:

Major British Drummer:

• Phil Collins (unlikely - back problems)
  • Jon Bonham (very very unlikely)
  • Ringo Starr
  • Seb Rochford (I'd go and see him)
  • Charlie Watts
  • Ginger Baker
  • Martin France
  • Florie
  • Gavin Harrison (yes please)
  • Nick Mason (hopefully not)
  • Bill Bruford (retired)
  • Keith Moon (that would be a surprise)

Of these I would guess Gavin Harrison - am I right?

Davo

Last edited:
Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy

You keep enticing me to fly across the pond to come and visit to drive the van for your band. This too? I may have to make some travel plans. But me and Mo will need a place to stay ;)

What all the recent and upcoming Stones activity, I'm guessing Charlie Watts, especially considering that the clue was somebody "you wouldn't dream would step on a drumming mainstage," and Watts is not a sought-after clinician in the ranks of, say, Terry Bozio.

Unfortunately, I believe Robbie France belongs in the category with Bonham and Moon ( and he was an Aussie in any case). Come on Andy, spill!

C'mon Andy more clues please ... although this statement:

"There's one British artist in particular that you wouldn't dream would step on a drumming mainstage." means it can't be Gavin. Ringo would fall into this category though ...

Davo

C'mon Andy more clues please ... although this statement:

"There's one British artist in particular that you wouldn't dream would step on a drumming mainstage." means it can't be Gavin. Ringo would fall into this category though ...

Davo
Well, this particular artist has very occasionally done a clinic type performance, but it's rare, & usually in an anniversary/memorial setting.

Guys, I really can't reveal anything until the official announcements. I'd be crucified if I did, & doing so may even prejudice negotiations. The reason for me teasing you this way, is to encourage those who are thinking "maybe I'll go this year", to just go book now whilst it's low cost & tickets are available. It's not just one "mystery artist" either, it's a whole list of killer players on the boil, any two of which would sell the event out almost over night. The message is, you really won't be disappointed, & I want our forum members to secure their tickets.

The organisers have told me that, even at this early stage, ticket sales are 300% up on the same period last year, & the event isn't for another 5 months yet. Last year, I lost count of the number of messages I got, asking me to get tickets. I have some leverage, but I couldn't help on that scale.

Just googled the LDS, damn it I'm gigging both dates! Wonder what my dep is doing.....probably going to the LDS....curses!

OK

I've just bought 2 tickets, can you tell me now on a PM??

I won't tell anyone, honest! Mwaahhaahhahhaa

Davo
Sorry Dave, not even by PM, although I will give everyone here an early heads up once I receive the "nod"!

2 tickets - both days? You do realise that there's an even bigger attraction at this year's show? We'll have other mystery artists hanging on our show stand, from France, Pennsylvania, & Sydney! Come on over Bernhard, you know you should ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing it's Bruford. I might attend just to ask a technique question about his grip and receive a verbal thrashing. I bet he's especially cutting and sarcastic in such a forum.

Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy

The last man who said that died very shortly after. Wish he didn't.

thx

jorn

from France, Pensilvania, & Sydney! Come on over Bernhard, you know you should ;)

"Pensilvania"???

My musician/fiancee' says that all great musicians have spelling challenges, so I'll let you slide on this one.

I believe it's Pennsylvania.

Nice try :)

Back