Removing A Thread

Witterings

Silver Member
Does anyone know how an OP can totally remove a thread that they've posted, I've found that you can close a thread but doesn't that just lock it so no-one can post any new comments as opposed to totally deleting it ????

Threads are normally not removed unless there is an issue with them.
Only a moderator can remove a thread.
Contact a mod and ask if they will remove the thread.

If there's only one post in the respective thread then deleting that single post will equal 'removing' the thread. If the thread has several posts and the OP wants the thread to be removed/deleted - yeah, hit an admin/mod.

You should be aware that if the thread has various posts and many users contributing to it that removing the thread should be done for a reason (if any) because otherwise it's simply unfair for the contributors to have spent their time on replying, giving their thoughts/recommendations etc and then in the end all that would be in vain. Consider it more of a last resort thing.

Arky,
I just saw you're an administrator, is that the same as moderator ???? I even googled drummerworld forum find administrator ......... it's not easy to find.

I posted a couple of years ago asking for comments on a band I was playing in at that time with a link to some video footage of a gig on the internet asking for people's comments on the band and what they thought.
It was in the bands early days and some of it wasn't overly flattering, the band have since moved on and I'm no longer a part of it, the person who's band it is has asked if I could remove it as it's no longer a fair reflection on where they're at now, personally I can't see any reason not to as I agree with him.

If you have any other queries just let me know and if it's OK I'll PM the thread link over to you as I don't want to post it in here just to bring a thread that's long since died to the fore again ???

Admin., mod, basically the same. At the top of the home page are the names of all four mods. Bernhard, Bermuda, Arky and Gruntersdad. A PM to any of us should work

"moderated by Jon Bermuda, Arky, Gruntersdad and Bernhard Castiglioni"

I made a thread in the 'your playing' section yesterday that should have gone in the 'your gear' section. There are responses to it and I also linked to it in another thread.

Seemed like too much trouble to ask to have it moved, and I figure it'll slide out of sight soon anyways.

Not related to Witterings issue, but it seemed like a reasonable place to bring it up.

wildbill - whatever it is, and if it shouldn't be handled publicly - send us a PM and we'll act accordingly.

Sometimes some things might espcape us (the admins/mods) and go unnoticed as for 'forum correctness' - if anybody feels that we have such a case somewhere please feel free to tell us. But then there's also situations where it isn't perfectly clear e.g. to what section a thread belongs best so there would be several ways to handle it.

Back