Roland V-Drum CY-15R Problem

NC68

OK - this is a long shot but I thought I would post just in case anyone else has had this issue.

I have a set of Roland VDrums with the TD10 and expansion card. The drums consist of PD100's and PD120's and the cymbals are CY14's and a single CY15R which is the "ride" cymbal. After unpacking the kit from a rehearsal I noticed for the first time that when I struck the ride cymbal I would hear two sounds - the heavy ride "ping" sound that you would normally expect to hear and also a tom-tom sound. I thought that maybe there was a sympathetic trigger of one of the toms or something so I unplugged all of the toms but still heard the sound. I double checked the cables and the trigger pad assignments to cable numbers and all appeared to be correct. If I selected "instrument" and hit the cymbal I saw the correct instrument being displayed (heavy ride) for output 10 which is for the ride cymbal. But when I finally got the edge of the ride to trigger (aux 1) it showed up as a tom tom...huh?

I could change it to a light crash or something that is useful but whenever the ride cymbal was struck I would hear both sounds (the heavy ride ping and the light crash sound for example) simultaneously. I even did a factory initialize yet nothing is working. Right now I have just unplugged aux 1 but that makes the CY15 less useful.

Is the CY15 broken? Have I screwed something up?

I found the issue. Apologies for the posting. Apparently when I was validating the trigger types I must have changed the aux 1 (channel 11) from CTR to RDA. Once I changed it back to CTR the CY15R worked as it should have.

I really do need to stop having these conversations with myself...

hahahaha! oh man i remember when i first got my td10 up and running.. horrible times.
it's so frustrating because the issues are usually a) really simple and b) caused by your own wrong doing. drum brains are far more intelligent than i am. :(

Back