kick drum batter head rotating

grahamo87

Tried searching for this but didn't see anybody else brining up this problem. I just got my new kit and put a superkick on it and for some reason, after a while of playing (maybe an hour or two) I see that the batter head is rotating clockwise. I'm kind of anal about everything lining up on my kit (as I'm sure many of you are) so it really bugs me! I also have a double kick pad on there so if it rotates too much my left beater starts missing.

Anybody?

Tried searching for this but didn't see anybody else brining up this problem. I just got my new kit and put a superkick on it and for some reason, after a while of playing (maybe an hour or two) I see that the batter head is rotating clockwise. I'm kind of anal about everything lining up on my kit (as I'm sure many of you are) so it really bugs me! I also have a double kick pad on there so if it rotates too much my left beater starts missing.

Anybody?

Seriously? I think yo may need to revisit your tuning if the head is that loose

Yeah it sounds like you don't have any tension on the head if it's rotating like that. Need to put a few turns on the old lugs ;-)

It would be interesting to see if it would keep rotating indefinitely, or if it would always stop when it reached a certain point. I would leave it on for a while to test this out. It could suggest uneven head tension or a problem with bearing edge or shell roundness also.

I agree, I wouldn't like a rotating head either as it looks screwy when the logo or design is tilted. If you're going to sell on Craigslist, however, that's a requirement.

It wasn't rotating a LOT, it only went about an inch after an hour or so of playing. But it appears to just be how loose i had the head. I tightened it just a little bit all the way around and it stopped turning. I've been playing 22" kicks my whole life so apparently a 24" needs to be on a little tighter than I used to keep my 22" heads.

Thanks fellas!

Back