I love the Roland SPD-S Sampling Pad

This sampling pad is definately on my wish list. I want to use it to add to my acoustic kit so that I can have additional sounds and effects. I have an e-kit as well and have considered just taking that and making a hybrid between the two. However, I think the SPD-S would drastically make things less complicated in that process.
Thanks for the demo! I'm looking forward to more!

That is very similar to the Roland keyboards as far as layering different drum parts, loop length and quantizing.

I use to have a Roland XP-60 (where most of my keyboard music has come from) and now a Juno-G, and they both work the same way.

If your into keyboards, the Juno-G also has audio inputs on the back for adding guitar and vocals, very unique.

Nice demonstration. I've used Roland for a long time and their instruments do a great job.

Fishnmusicn

cool video! I have an spds and I have yet to use the phrasemaker. I deleted all the internal sounds when I got it because I wanted to start fresh and sample my own drums. It is really easy to sample, I pull stuff off of youtube, cds, video games, movies, live instruments. It's really cool.

I learned how to use MUTE groups which is cool if you want to put a bunch of loops on a patch like say a verse loop, chorus loop, bridge loop, and then it is easy to switch between the two loops. It's all in the manual, but I didn't even think it was possible to do something like that till I read it. previously i would play a flam on beat one on two different pads to kill the first loop and start the second loop.

Yeah always rated the SPDS and would still love to get one.........I went the whole hog and bought a Yamaha DTXtreme III in the end for recording purposes...

the new Yamaha sample pad looks pretty good for the money

cool video! I have an spds and I have yet to use the phrasemaker. I deleted all the internal sounds when I got it because I wanted to start fresh and sample my own drums. It is really easy to sample, I pull stuff off of youtube, cds, video games, movies, live instruments. It's really cool.

I learned how to use MUTE groups which is cool if you want to put a bunch of loops on a patch like say a verse loop, chorus loop, bridge loop, and then it is easy to switch between the two loops. It's all in the manual, but I didn't even think it was possible to do something like that till I read it. previously i would play a flam on beat one on two different pads to kill the first loop and start the second loop.

MUTE groups...that sounds amazing, I am also playing a flam to start and stop diffferent loops. You just made my day. I am going home to figure out how to use these mute groups!!!! Thanks.

I've been playing drums for a long time and I've recently purchased the spds. I'm comfortable with making phrases (intro, verse, bridge, etc.), but I'm trying to understand how to use the spds to construct an entire song (performance track) I can play along with.

Do I have to trigger each phrase of the song or can I somehow piece the phrases together to produce a complete track I can play along with?

I've been playing drums for a long time and I've recently purchased the spds. I'm comfortable with making phrases (intro, verse, bridge, etc.), but I'm trying to understand how to use the spds to construct an entire song (performance track) I can play along with.

Do I have to trigger each phrase of the song or can I somehow piece the phrases together to produce a complete track I can play along with?

hmmm.. I'm not sure about how to put all of your phrase's together to make one long track...

If I find it out I will make a video of it and post it on www.pellisdrums.com - there are a couple of new videos on there right now.

Back