Ddrum kits?!

PeniScott

Silver Member
I've been looking round for a new kit recently, although i won't be able to afford one right now, i want to get a clear idea of what i want for early or mid. next year or so.

Of course i'm wondering what Ddrum kits are like. I certainly like the look/finish options for all of them and i'm wondering what the D2 and Diablo's generally feel like (because obviously most of the sound depends on the tuning).

I'm not going for any of the upper series kits because i'm, as of yet, unsure of the prices. Which is another thing i'd like to know from someone who owns or has owned a Ddrum D2 or Diablo kit :)

Thank uuuu
xoxo

Look into the dominion line on guitarcenters website. They are blowing them out.. You will get a much better kit.

Ah... Guitar Center's an American store, i'm in the UK lol
xoxo

If you're not looking to buy one of Ddrum's high end kits im afraid you might be dissapointed. I've played the Dominion and it isn't very nice. If you are on a pretty low budget, I would highly reccomend buying used. You could find a great kit at a resonable price. Perhaps a Pearl Export. Or the Greatch Catalina Club 4 piece. That thing is affordable and sounds great!

I would recommend buying used, I have a ddrum d2 snare and its great. The size is 13x6 and the sound is deep and feels great. The nickel hardware looks awesome.

Tama Starclassic/Zildjian/Evans/proMark

i currently use the diablo punx set it is fantastic the basswood sounds great i run evans g2's and love it the kit doesn't dissappoint

Things change so fast actually that what looks good now may not in 6 months. The Winter NAMM show in January is the showcase event for the music manufacturers. Wait until you are about ready to buy then do some serious shopping. Check local shops, EBay, local sales rags etc at the time and you may find a winner. I did. Be patient.

Things change so fast actually that what looks good now may not in 6 months. The Winter NAMM show in January is the showcase event for the music manufacturers. Wait until you are about ready to buy then do some serious shopping. Check local shops, EBay, local sales rags etc at the time and you may find a winner. I did. Be patient.

I agree. There's nothing wrong with the dominion line. DDrum used to have a bad rap just like pdp did and now everything is good. As for the D2 I think that they look like junk, but that's just my opinion. Same with the diablo punx kits. Sorry to hear that you don't have guitar center across the pond. You could also check out the defiant series.

Back