What color Reso Head??

On my S-Classix kit, I went with white over the black. I like it better, but it's purely a matter of personal preference. I'll try and post a picture or two.

KGK

On my S-Classix kit, I went with white over the black. I like it better, but it's purely a matter of personal preference. I'll try and post a picture or two.

KGK

So sorry you have the black reso head?
Also what's the finish on your s classix?
To me that makes the difference, I don't mind the black res, bur on my s classix with the Pearl White finish, I just think it would look better with a white reso, more classy!

i say stick with the black, with fybreskin, although itll look awesome, it is monochromatic (finsih is white, why a white reso head when you could vary a bit?)

i say stick with the black, with fybreskin, although itll look awesome, it is monochromatic (finsih is white, why a white reso head when you could vary a bit?)

I just think it looks classier. I see black reso's on kits, and sure they look ok, but to me if you put a white on there it just adds a more vintage look. I thought of the fybreskyn, but decided to pass. With my particular finish I think the white will look much better.

I generally like a black reso for my kick but since you do got a bit of a vintage looking kit i'd say a white may make for a nice change of pace

GASP!! You dare recommend one of... those?!? Oil-filled head on such a fine instrument? For shame! :)

(Blue would look cool, I'll give you that)

Good choice on the smooth white. I just put one on my new bass drum. I thought about coated but worried that it would show the dirt too much.

Oh now come on! You're gonna stick a pillow and a mic in there anyhow ;)

Yeah i was thinking the coated as well but I have kids and I notice the black one every once in a while with a smear mark or something, so the smooth white I think is a good choice.

haha! well, you'll STILL see smear marks on it, believe me hahaha!

Here's what your kit will look like with a White head.

WhiteSonor.jpg

Here's what your kit will look like with a White head.

yay. photoshop time! here what your kit will look like with a fruit husk kitty head.

Attachments

• heh.png
    heh.png
    455.5 KB · Views: 455
I just think it looks classier. I see black reso's on kits, and sure they look ok, but to me if you put a white on there it just adds a more vintage look. I thought of the fybreskyn, but decided to pass. With my particular finish I think the white will look much better.
My thoughts exactly. I LOVE the look of Fiberskyns on the front end of a kick drum, but it sort of clashes with the white marine pearl. They're almost too similar. Smooth white is always a good choice.

My thoughts exactly. I LOVE the look of Fiberskyns on the front end of a kick drum, but it sort of clashes with the white marine pearl. They're almost too similar. Smooth white is always a good choice.

We are on the same page, that's what I was thinking. The smooth white is on order.

Back