15" k light hats and 21" sweet ride

jt.mcrae

404732_10150567131569298_285956319297_8667790_151392019_n.jpg

I chose them with playing both jazz and alternative rock/pop in mind. Digging them real bad.

What makes it better is that I picked them up for a fraction of retail price. Big props to Conrad and the guys at Revolver Drums

To be honest I am not a Foo Fighter or Taylor Hawkins fan at all. I am not a big fan their music although I do think he is a good drummer, however he was of no influence in the purchase of the cymbals.

I ordered in the the larger hats due to liking Steve Jordan's sound and groove and the Sweet ride was a massive impulse buy when I picked up the hats. I just got to used them both properly at band prac and am really really happy.

To be honest I am not a Foo Fighter or Taylor Hawkins fan at all. I am not a big fan their music although I do think he is a good drummer, however he was of no influence in the purchase of the cymbals.

I ordered in the the larger hats due to liking Steve Jordan's sound and groove and the Sweet ride was a massive impulse buy when I picked up the hats. I just got to used them both properly at band prac and am really really happy.

I use both too, in my setup. More of the 15" hats than the 21" sweet ride as a crash the 15" K Light hats honestly sound like a set of New Beats on steroids such a great solid sound. and I think taylor got the idea to use them from Dave. Dave was using the 15 and 16 models in Them Crooked Vultures so i'm sure on the new album Dave suggested them.

But no one should buy something just on the fact that another artist uses them, try them out first and let that be your first instinct.

I use both too, in my setup. More of the 15" hats than the 21" sweet ride as a crash the 15" K Light hats honestly sound like a set of New Beats on steroids such a great solid sound. and I think taylor got the idea to use them from Dave. Dave was using the 15 and 16 models in Them Crooked Vultures so i'm sure on the new album Dave suggested them.

But no one should buy something just on the fact that another artist uses them, try them out first and let that be your first instinct.

Yeah your description is pretty accurate except they don't cut as much as New Beats. I love them though as I prefer my hihats to sit in the music rather than cut through and these do that perfectly.
Obviously I looked into the hats and heard samples online and in person before buying them. I just meant to say that I got the idea for larger hats from Mr. Jordan.

The ride was an impulse buy but I love it. I was playing a Zildjian Ping Ride and was craving something a little lighter, washier and more mellow. The Sweet Ride fits the bill perfectly

My band has a spot on a major Aus Music Festival bill this weekend so I'll be able to hear how they sound through FOH. Should be awesome

Before the gig

Here they are nestle in with the rest of my set up. Really good gig today and they sounded great through the FOH speakers. The hats are insanely cool. Probably the most happiest I have been with a drum related purchase

Attachments

• IMAG0039 2.jpg
    IMAG0039 2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 1,325
Back