Mapex or DW?

You know, I'd get the cheapest kit I could, and then blow everybody off the stage with my groove. I recommend finding an old Japanese stencil kit (labeled "Kent" or "Stewart" or whatever), in a 4-piece, most like a 12/14/20 configuration with a snare drum. If the right people like how you play and want to hire you, they'll provide you with a drumset! Why spend the money, I say?

You know, I'd get the cheapest kit I could, and then blow everybody off the stage with my groove. I recommend finding an old Japanese stencil kit (labeled "Kent" or "Stewart" or whatever), in a 4-piece, most like a 12/14/20 configuration with a snare drum. If the right people like how you play and want to hire you, they'll provide you with a drumset! Why spend the money, I say?

HA !
Love it.

Perfect idea !

DW is the highest quality kit on the market right now. It has the most options and the best construction. It's also the most expensive.

Not even close. ;-) :) It is true that DW is the highest quality USA made kit, but it is not the most expensive on the market. Everything else is subjective, and I am not sure i would agree that DW is the best construction. 'On par' at the upper end would be more accurate. Just my 2 cents ;-)

To an extent, I've done this. So it could happen for a lot of people if it happened for me ;)

I know what you mean. A few weeks ago I went to an open mic jam night. I got up and played on a terrible set of drums. Pure junk including the cymbals.
All of the musicians loved my groove. I got lots of compliments, like "please come back again".

Kent Drums were made in the US you loon.

http://www.coopersvintagedrums.com/kentmuseum1000.htm

I have 6 Drum Sets right now and just sold my only DWs at the time of sale. The only reason I sold my DWs is they had the highest resale value. . Now my favorite above any I have ever owned is my new DW Collectors in X VLT and VLX shells. Nothing else has come close in looks, sound, and performance! The DW 9000 Hardware rocks too, I don't care what anyone says! My opinion is Mapex drums are goods drums, but there not DWs!

Back