Getting a longer chain?

drumr_102

I just recently got an iron cobra used and I'm not sure if the chain was ever shortened or changed out, but it was set up to where the chain was just coming straight off of the part it's attached to instead of utilizing the power glide part. If I set it up to actually go around that part then the pedal board is touching the axis the beater turns on.

I've looked at pictures and it's not supposed to have to be like that, but the pedal is junk if the chain doesn't go around that part.

Am I doing something wrong or does it need a new chain?
(If you need pictures I can try to remember to take some during next band practice)

Hey Ray,,,

It does sound to me that the pedal's chain has been shortened or broken and repaired. If you have a GOOD local drum shop you may be able to find one, Or look for a parts one on E-bay, but they aren't easy to find... but yes, a picture would help...

Thank you Dr. Pedal.

Here's a picture from the internet of what it should look like and I'll put a picture of my pedal when I get to see it again.

But basically if I have the 'P' facing upright like in the picture then #1 is touching #2.
If I have the pedal board in a comfortable position (like when I got it) then it doesn't even touch the part with the 'P', it just goes straight down causing a bunch of wobbling on the beater.

Attachments

• Iron Cobra .jpg
    Iron Cobra .jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 108
Thank you Bob, that'll come in handy

Sorry it's taken me so long to post pictures. I haven't been on the computer in a few days.

Here are two pictures of my pedal. One shows the pedal board at a reasonable height and the other is the closest I could get the 'P' to resemble the first picture.

Attachments

• 1014111656.jpg
    1014111656.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 86
  • 1014111659.jpg
    1014111659.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 84
yeah, that's definitely off. The chain is certainly too short, or there's some kind of adjustment that's been done to it, although I dunno why anyone would do that. Some people do like weird settings though. I would try tinkering around with it first to see if there's any way to adjust the chain setting. All the adjustments with today's pedals are numerous, and often unnecessary, so you never know.

I took off the covering and could see where the chain had broken... Guitar center screwed me with this purchase I suppose...

I found a drum shop that orders from Tama and they said they would get pricing for me, but they have yet to call me back.

Thank you for your help by the way.

Back