New here - some pics

liv_rong

Hey guys. I started out drumming in 99' went through two cheap kits. In 2008 I had my drums in my parents basement and it flooded so I lost them. It was cheap crap so it wasnt too bad of a loss but still i had nothing to play on for the next 5 years. So I focused on guitar and didnt touch the drums at all. This year I started looking on craigslist and eventually found what I have now. Pearl Masters Studio with hardware and B8 cymbals for $600. I changed out the batter heads to Evans EC2 but havent touched the reos yet, need to do that. The hardware was a mixture of Gibralter and no-name stuff with the high hat stand and double kick pedal being Pacific(I dont use the double pedal, I use as a single). The kick pedal is next on my upgrade list along with the reso heads. The pedal is actually ok, surprisingly enough. I just got new cymbals a week ago and now after all these years I finally have my dream set that I never thought I would be able to afford.

Set up as follows-

Pearl Masters Studio:
22 kick, 10, 12 & 14 toms
Tama 13x5.5 snare(dont know model, just a serial number on it)

Cymbals- Zildjian K
15" light hats
22" light ride
19" & 17" dark thin crashes
10" splash

DSCN2484_zpsb6bc8d5f.jpg

DSCN2485_zps7d3a956f.jpg

DSCN2487_zps140ad29a.jpg

DSCN2494_zps47d81083.jpg

Welcome to DW!

That's a pretty nice set up you have there, those pies are killer.

Nice kit. I bet they sound good too. I used one of those pedals on the kit that was provided for me at rehearsal. I thought it felt great. I normally use a Tama SC. Good to see you're drumming again.

Nice kit, two on the left is the way to go as far as I am concerned.

Thanks, guys! Yeah I love these drums. I was never really a fan of Pearl at all. Maybe it was because I only played on lower level/poorly tuned kits. Probably also had something to do with their popularity and my disdaid for popular stuff for the masses as a younger lad. I really didn't even get to try these out too much unfortunately but I really lucked out. I think I got a good deal, $600 including hardware and cymbals(the B8's; 14 hats, 16 & 14 crash, 20 ride).

And the 19" k crash took me a day to really fall in love with, which I'm glad. At first I was not sold on it but the more I played it the more I liked it.

If you really got all that for $600, screw you. Why am I never that lucky? Most people would consider that a deal for just say, cymbals and hardware.

]
If you really got all that for $600, screw you. Why am I never that lucky? Most people would consider that a deal for just say, cymbals and hardware.

Well, that's not right, lol. I don't think anyone would pay that for those cymbals and hardware. I asked the guy why he was selling for so cheap and he said he started at a grand then lowered it to $800 but no one bought them. Just seems $600 is a good price for just the shells and no hardware.

BTW I am trying to sell the b8's for a bit above $100 with the ride having a small crack and there is little to no interest.

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought he gave you all those K's and the drums with hardware for 6. With b8's that makes more sense.

Back