Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?

JakkP

Ive had 13" K series hats for about a year now and I adore the sound out of them, The only problem is for 5-6 years beforehand I used 14" hats and because of the smaller size I don't feel that I can really lay into them when needs be. What im looking for is basically the exact same sound, or as close as possible to the K's. Im not picky about brand, so any will do.
Thanks!

Have you tried 14" K hats? They are only slightly different in sound to your 13".

Ive had 13" K series hats for about a year now and I adore the sound out of them, The only problem is for 5-6 years beforehand I used 14" hats and because of the smaller size I don't feel that I can really lay into them when needs be. What im looking for is basically the exact same sound, or as close as possible to the K's. Im not picky about brand, so any will do.
Thanks!

Have you tried 14" K hats? They are only slightly different in sound to your 13".

If you want to 'lay' into the same hats, just go with a larger size.

I for one want to go down to the 13" Ks. Lets trade, I've got 14s.

Thanks!

!3" K hats sound great, they're what I've been playing for about 15 years. You won't duplicate that sound with bigger cymbals, so why not give yourself a chance to get comfortable with the 13s?

!3" K hats sound great, they're what I've been playing for about 15 years. You won't duplicate that sound with bigger cymbals, so why not give yourself a chance to get comfortable with the 13s?
I agree Jay, I frequently lay into my 13 1/4" K Custom Hybrid hats and I love them.
I thought about buying the 14 1/4" size so that I would have the entire collection of K Cust Hybrid hats. I tried the 14 1/4" version of these hats and there really wasn't much difference so I didn't buy them.
I don't think that I have met a K series cymbal that I didn't like.

Back