My Classy Set Up

razorx

Platinum Member
HI everyone. Well I went for a a five piece to a six piece back down to a five and now a four piece. I have also ditched the double pedal for now. Makes the hi hat positioning amazing and ALOT easier to play. I also love the cymbal positions with the 4 piece set up.

Tama Superstar Customs (Red scarlet fade)

22x18 Bass
12x8 Tom
16x13 Floor
14x5.5 Snare

Heads

I have remo powerstroke 2s on the batter sides of the toms over ambassadors
Superkick 1/ Regulator on the base. And a single ply texture coated head on the snare over an ambassodor

All hardware is tama roadpro with a tama 1st throne and Iron Cobra Rolling Glide Pedal.

Cymbals
Paiste 2oo2
14" heavy hats
18" medium
20 medium
18" nova china
20" power ride.

HPIM1057.jpg

HPIM1058.jpg

HPIM1061.jpg

HPIM1056.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice setup. I just shrunk my kit from a 6 piece to a 4 piece so my wife doesn't have to weave her way around a big setup when she leaves/enters the house. I'm liking it so far.

I have similar equipment on mine and really like it. The Iron Cobras do everything I need them to. Just a great pedal and HH. If you ever want to put Aquarians on your toms, I can recommend Super 2s. Fantastic heads that are easy to work with. Warm with lots of attack, a real versatile head. And the 2oo2s... Well, what can I say? They are flagship cymbals. I love the Novo china.

Good stuff all way 'round.

Always nice to see a four piece. Nice cymbals!

Nice set! I like how the red of your drums really bring out the red logos on your cymbals. I notice stuff like that =D

Very nice setup. I just shrunk my kit from a 6 piece to a 4 piece so my wife doesn't have to weave her way around a big setup when she leaves/enters the house. I'm liking it so far.

I have similar equipment on mine and really like it. The Iron Cobras do everything I need them to. Just a great pedal and HH. If you ever want to put Aquarians on your toms, I can recommend Super 2s. Fantastic heads that are easy to work with. Warm with lots of attack, a real versatile head. And the 2oo2s... Well, what can I say? They are flagship cymbals. I love the Novo china.

Good stuff all way 'round.

Those were the heads i was thinking of. Aquarian heads are damn near impossible to find at my local music shop....I went up for heads and they only had the powerstrokes in stock so i got them.

Nice set! I like how the red of your drums really bring out the red logos on your cymbals. I notice stuff like that =D

My gear would look amazing if it were in the propper lighting. I play in my basement with a dinky little 60 wat bulb as a light that isn't even in the center of the room.

Looks nice. I would like to see some photos from farther away showing the whole set.

Lol me too....they are impossible to get because my room is really small. To get the driver seat pic i had to pancake myself up against the back wall. haha.

Those were the heads i was thinking of. Aquarian heads are damn near impossible to find at my local music shop....I went up for heads and they only had the powerstrokes in stock so i got them.

i ran into the same problem and heads just are'nt something you can order and wait weeks for...

beautiful kit by the way :) sweet red fade and 2oo2's, very nice indeed...

Back