real radio kings?

It is hard to tell from the pictures. They are old drums for sure. If you search on the web for Radio Kings you'll see the special Radio King throw-off snare strainer Slingerland developed.

They do look like 50's radio kings from the hardware and badges,The strainer on the snare could be a 3 point or a clamshell and still be correct for a radio king.I would ask some more questions of the seller.The snare should be a steam bent single ply maple with maple rerings.The toms and bass drums should be mahogany 3 ply with rerings.The beavertail lugs look correct.The only thing that looks out of place is, there looks like there is a badge on the floor tom.That should really not be there.There should only be badges on the snare and bass drum.Slingerland only started putting badges on their toms in the mid 60's.Thats the only red flag I can see.For that kind of money,I would ask for more close up photos,and a look at the interiors of the drums.The price is not out of the question,but they would have to be in excellent condition

Steve B

Last edited:
Back