Some pre owned Saturn V tours I picked up

Saw these on reverb the other day and had to double take the listed price. They just came today and I did a quick set up and voila ! These would make a great gig kit for someone. I already had the black panther snare but hadn't had it out for quite awhile. 22x16, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16. Way less than a grand. SWEET

Attachments

• tour 5.jpg
    tour 5.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 160
  • tour 1.jpg
    tour 1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 161
They look sensational...very classy.

Yes I am biased, as I own a Saturn V kit, but Saturns must be the best bang for the back around.

Disclaimers: Other awesome drums are available. If you disagree with me, that's just fine.

You've bagged an absolute bargain, the 3 piece packages retail at over £1000 here. I have the same kit/finish 20/12/14. Best sounding kit in its price range, blows a lot of very expensive kits away when tuned up. (which is easier than any other kit I've owned) They also look great under lights

The bonus bit for you is the previous owner has paid extra for the 14 floor tom. They only sell them as a 3 piece configuration apart from the 20/10/12/14 setup I've seen on a few websites.

If you need a 10" tom they're really cheap new for the quality of drum they're £170 in the UK that's about $300?

They look sensational...very classy.

Yes I am biased, as I own a Saturn V kit, but Saturns must be the best bang for the back around.

I like what Mapex is doing with the Saturn line. If you want a flash lacquer finish, clear double ply heads you'll have to pony up the extra dough. If you can get by without the extra sizzle and can deal with unfinished inner kick hoops, coated single ply heads and a decent wrap then you can save a bundle. Pricing at that level comes in under a Renown too. Shells/sound is the same either way.

You've bagged an absolute bargain, the 3 piece packages retail at over £1000 here. I have the same kit/finish 20/12/14. Best sounding kit in its price range, blows a lot of very expensive kits away when tuned up. (which is easier than any other kit I've owned) They also look great under lights

The bonus bit for you is the previous owner has paid extra for the 14 floor tom. They only sell them as a 3 piece configuration apart from the 20/10/12/14 setup I've seen on a few websites.

If you need a 10" tom they're really cheap new for the quality of drum they're £170 in the UK that's about $300?

I saw your kit. That helped me take a flyer on these even though I'd had a Saturn IV exotic a few years back. They are showing 10x7's as low as $199 here in the US on FleaBay. I'd probably swing for a 13x9 if I were to keep these. I'm probably going to have to sell these though as I bought a Sonor Prolite kit the day after I bought these. Same thing, killer deal (new in box Stage 3, less than $3K) but a substantial cash outlay nonetheless. ooof.

I saw your kit. That helped me take a flyer on these even though I'd had a Saturn IV exotic a few years back. They are showing 10x7's as low as $199 here in the US on FleaBay. I'd probably swing for a 13x9 if I were to keep these. I'm probably going to have to sell these though as I bought a Sonor Prolite kit the day after I bought these. Same thing, killer deal (new in box Stage 3, less than $3K) but a substantial cash outlay nonetheless. ooof.

Totally understand wanting to keep the Sonors!

There will be someone who will take the Saturns off your hands. They'll sell quick in that config. They're made for the gigging player.

Always been envious of FleaBay in the US so much better than it is here for drum stuff.

Totally understand wanting to keep the Sonors!

There will be someone who will take the Saturns off your hands. They'll sell quick in that config. They're made for the gigging player.

Always been envious of FleaBay in the US so much better than it is here for drum stuff.

That VAT tax kills you guys in Europe. Stupid. There should be a giant tax free zone in europe just for music gear. We can dream I guess.

I might not even take those Sonors out of the box. I buy and sell kits as a hobby and I already have a Delite kit. I've already re-listed the Saturns hehe. Wife: "You just got them!" Me: "On to the next deal".

Last edited:
That VAT tax kills you guys in Europe. Stupid. There should be a giant tax free zone in europe just for music gear. We can dream I guess.

Yep 20% tax on everything you buy, plus you get hammered on petrol/gas, beer and a few other things. That's after you've already paid income tax and national insurance on your wages (national insurance is healthcare and pension unfortunately it pays for healthcare and pensions of those who can't be bothered to work as well! Don't get me started!) That's just in the UK.

When I have got the odd bit from the US you have to pay a customs charge on arrival but still works out cheaper than buying it here.

As a recovering G.A.S. addict I think my wife would kill me if I got into buying and selling. There wouldn't be much selling!

Yep 20% tax on everything you buy, plus you get hammered on petrol/gas, beer and a few other things. That's after you've already paid income tax and national insurance on your wages (national insurance is healthcare and pension unfortunately it pays for healthcare and pensions of those who can't be bothered to work as well! Don't get me started!) That's just in the UK.

When I have got the odd bit from the US you have to pay a customs charge on arrival but still works out cheaper than buying it here.

As a recovering G.A.S. addict I think my wife would kill me if I got into buying and selling. There wouldn't be much selling!

Yeah, It's only GAS if you don't do the selling part of it. I like to find screaming deals and then if I have to turn them I can make $100 or so and the other person still gets a good deal too. I've burned myself a few times though. Shipping is what kills you in the US. Damn country is so freakin' big. I'm in the North East and if I have to ship a kit to Cali it costs like $300. I try to sell local out to a couple hundred miles if I can. I don't use Ebay. Crooks they are. 10% drag PLUS paypal fees. Reverb.com is much better. Fees are half of what Ebay charges and they're musician based.

Tipton in the Black Country? Glenn Hughes' neighborhood ! My Mom is from Norwich. I've got cousins in London, Kent and Manchester. :) Keep rocking those Saturns. Was playing mine early this morning.

The buying part is stressful enough. Can’t count how many time s things have arrived it trashed packaging, damaged or lost. Even buying my Brooklyn set was far from uneventful, it was shipped from Boston area, when the third box took a week long detour. It went to Texas, then up to Canada somewhere, then to New York, then disappeared for a couple of days before showing up at my door crushed and dirtied. Thankfully, the drum itself was fine.

Can’t imagine buying and selling like you do. Having people over to look at them would be even worse! I’d just have to keep them! 8D

The buying part is stressful enough. Can’t count how many time s things have arrived it trashed packaging, damaged or lost. Even buying my Brooklyn set was far from uneventful, it was shipped from Boston area, when the third box took a week long detour. It went to Texas, then up to Canada somewhere, then to New York, then disappeared for a couple of days before showing up at my door crushed and dirtied. Thankfully, the drum itself was fine.

Can’t imagine buying and selling like you do. Having people over to look at them would be even worse! I’d just have to keep them! 8D

LOL, that's half the fun! The other day I had some guy over here buying 4 cymbal stands off of me. When I tell you this guy wouldn't shut up, I'm not even joking! I had to listen to every story about his craigslist dealings, how bad they were, etc etc. It took an hour to get rid of him. My wife doesn't let me bring them through the house. LMAO, they have to go around back to the walk in basement.

Then there's the shipping people. I have a camera ready everytime UPS shows up. All a Fragile sticker means is that they throw it underhand instead of kicking it. With UPS, if there's a bass drum involved I don't even let the guy take it off the truck. I have a hand truck and it's strictly "I'll get it!" I had a guy drop one right in front of me once and it cracked the hoop. FedEx, on the other hand, is pretty good. If I have to ship stuff I use them. Costs a bit more but the stuff gets there in one piece.

Here's the UPS guy delivering your new dream drumset that you saved for years for !! lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89oogoOeLhc

Tipton in the Black Country? Glenn Hughes' neighborhood ! My Mom is from Norwich. I've got cousins in London, Kent and Manchester. :) Keep rocking those Saturns. Was playing mine early this morning.

Glenn Hughes comes from Cannock which is just outside the Black Country. Jason Bonham is the only guy in that band from the Black Country. Cool to say I drive past John Bonhams old flat a lot.

We're known for Slade, Judas Priest, Robert Plant and despite his Irish accent and statue in Dublin, Phil Lynott.

Only been Norwich way a few times, serious drive from my neck of the woods! It's the flattest place on earth, no hills for miles!

Glenn Hughes comes from Cannock which is just outside the Black Country. Jason Bonham is the only guy in that band from the Black Country. Cool to say I drive past John Bonhams old flat a lot.

We're known for Slade, Judas Priest, Robert Plant and despite his Irish accent and statue in Dublin, Phil Lynott.

Only been Norwich way a few times, serious drive from my neck of the woods! It's the flattest place on earth, no hills for miles!

Incredible. I used to play Gudbye to Jayne(sp?) in a band in like 1972. Great pub song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAd-zpqWiU

They look great, and I know they sound great too. May they give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.

Back