Europe/UK backline company with vintage/concert tom kit?

ConcertTom

This is a bit of a stretch, but we're planning for a Europe and UK tour for Feb and March and will be renting some backline. Does anyone know a backline company or companies that has vintage style drums, or a sweet concert tom kit that you've happened to see in their store room and laughed at as you walked by?

My ideal would be a vistalite concert tom kit, but I would probably take any concert tom kit as long as the dimensions aren't too shallow or too deep. I know I can just take the bottom heads off but it looks better when theyre just the way they're supposed to be.

It's possible that logistics requirements will just mean that I get drums from wherever we're getting amps and cabinets so this may be for nothing, but if something amazing pops up and it's not too much extra effort or money, it's worth considering.

Thanks!

Try 'Artist on the Road'. They are located in Amsterdam. I didn't actually lay eyes on a concert tom kit in their warehouse, but they had TONS of kits in there. I didn't spend too much time digging into everything they had, but I would be surprised if they didn't have something like you're after.
Hit up Bart at [email protected]

Not surprised that Amsterdam should have this kind of company.

Fairly central location in (western) Europe. Big airport hub and hence typical focal point for people arriving/departing Europe.

And lots of small shops selling product that is illegal in most other countries...

edit: I have fond memories of picking up a rare CD copy of the two-disc Deep Purple Anthology in a CD shop in Schiphol Airport.

"Yes darling, I am very cosmopolitan..."

in Amsterdam you can contact Pustjens Percussions Products and ask for Henny. Tell Henny that Rick Latham referred you to them. They are a huge Percussions exclusive company, backline, sales and service.....I've known them for more than 30 years.....they also have a lot of various stuff.....if they can not help you, I know they will know who can...... http://www.pustjenspercussion.nl
Pustjens Percussion Products
Tijnmuiden 22
1046 AL Amsterdam
T: +31 (0)20 686 64 86
F: +31 (0)20 686 96 64
[email protected]

Good Luck.

Rick

Just coming back with an update. We ended up with Matt Snowball for the whole band backline and the van. I think they were the best price available from a well known company. It's an old kit and last night (our 2nd show of the tour) I was finally able to tune it and do the things i needed to make it right for me as the first night we basically got off the plane and ran to the the venue to make the last 10 minutes of sound check before playing a very jetlaggy set.

Only issue is the bass drum legs are difficult to keep tight. Ill have to see if i can sort that tonight. Also the floor tom legs are hard to tighten resulting in it collapsing on me on the 2nd tune last night. But i just need to be diligent with both of those.

There were no concert tom available but I never let a little thing like that stop me...

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_071712_313-1024x1024.jpg
    IMG_20180225_071712_313-1024x1024.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 94
Back