Recommendation for Hardware package?

Mike7300

Im buying a mid level kit.... most likely a Mapex Meridian or a Sonor 3007.
Any suggestions for hardware package, as I do not currently own any hardware.
Not looking to break the bank, but I want a package that will last. So if it means i need to spend a little more, thats fine.. i don't want to have to upgrade after a couple years.

12 years ago I bought a high end maple shell kit and then bought all Dixon double braced hardware, chain drive high hat and double pedal and they are still going strong with no repairs. Dixon hardware is lower priced than most but is made by the same company that supplies gibraltar, cannon, worldmax and a couple others, even saw a couple ludwig pieces with the exact same casting part numbers.

Last edited:
Check out the Pearl 900 series hardware. I have a bunch of their BC-900 cymbal stands and also the 900 hi hat stand. They're rugged and dependable and I never had any negative issues with them. Other great hardware is available from Tama, Yamaha and DW, but the prices just keep creepy upward. Gibraltar has different series of affordable hardware, but I've never used it so I really can't comment about it.

Dennis

!2 years ago I bought a high end maple shell kit and then bought all Dixon double braced hardware, chain drive high hat and double pedal and they are still going strong with no repairs. Dixon hardware is lower priced than most but is made by the same company that supplies gibraltar, cannon, worldmax and a couple others, even saw a couple ludwig pieces with the exact same casting part numbers.

http://drumsonsale.com/product.php?id_product=11788

Is that the same one you have? Price is great on it compared to other brands.

I'm happy thus far with my Sound Percussion double-braced boom stands (with hideaway boom.) I bought 2-packs for $60 from either Musician's Friend or Guitar Center. $30 a stand, it's hard to go wrong. I haven't taken them gigging yet though.

I previously used Tama Roadpros for about 15 years and after a long layoff, they sat in a friend's basement and rusted. However these Sound Percussions feel almost as sturdy for half the price. I just bought a new Tama Silverstar set so I felt like I needed to skimp on the stands a bit to stay within my budget but so far it seems that there has been no "skimp".

You can't go wrong with Gibraltar. I have never seen a bad product from them.
Hardware is all that they make.
I most recently bought their flat base stands.
I also like Tama hardware. I use both their single and double braced stands.
Ludwig has just redone their hardware line and it looks really good.

http://drumsonsale.com/product.php?id_product=11788

Is that the same one you have? Price is great on it compared to other brands.

Yes, thats basically the same stuff, they made a few changes over the years but I have found it to be rock solid quality for the price. They have a K series line now thats even better quality but like I said over 12 years now and no repairs not even to the double pedal. If you look at Giblraltar other than the name on the foot boards and a few things like that its the same stuff made by the same company but Dixon has a lot better pricing, probably because they dont spend the big bucks in advertising. I cant ever see myself using anything else as I just dont see the point of paying more just for a name.

Thanks, yea i just can't find a K series hardware pack online to purchase from anyone. The only ones I have seen are in that link i had in my previous post.

Thanks, yea i just can't find a K series hardware pack online to purchase from anyone. The only ones I have seen are in that link i had in my previous post.

Im sure anyone that deals in Dixon can get you a price and order them.

Does the hardware needed for Toms usually come with a drum shell kit?

It doesn't come in any hardware packs i see, so im assuming it does?

Does the hardware needed for Toms usually come with a drum shell kit?

It doesn't come in any hardware packs i see, so im assuming it does?

Shells usually come with the mount but you will need to buy a tom arm and the clamp to hold the tom arm to the stand. I use a triple clamps to hold 2 tom arms to 1 stand and mount 4 toms on 2 stands. BTW I believe the 900 series is the k series, k900 and the others are h9290, h9280, h9270 and h9210 the lower the number the lighter the hardware. There is nothing light about the 9290 stuff either which was their top of the line HD before the k series.

Back