Best Song Ever

Coheed have some brilliant tracks, they are criminally under-rated here in Australia, a massive recommendation for commercial hard rock listeners and fans of alternative/modern prog rock. The entire Velourium Camper sequence on In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3 is mind blowing.

This is one of my personal favorites of theirs,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxowWo_XV_c

In Keeping Secrets (album) is by far my favorite album by them, and the song is killer too! I remember when I say them last October they opened the show with that song. Sooooo good!

Yeah, the albums Good Apollo: IV, and No World For Tomorrow are great for Prog fans.

I don't know if I could ever title any of my musical interests into the "best song ever".. I feel like I'm ripping credit from other songs as soon as I start narrowing things down.

But, today a song came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZktdmJR4U

If you haven't experience Battles, please do :) They accommodate to many musical interests, if you don't like the song I've suggested, try another of theirs, it could be a completely different experience.

Warning: This music is intended for only the most deranged individuals.

The drums give me chills, his crash sits nearly 5ft high...haha

**edit**

And Pollyanna, thanks for the Coltrane link, that was out of this World!

When I see the name of this thread Stairway to Heaven comes to mind.
The live Madison Square Garden version gives me chills.

In Keeping Secrets (album) is by far my favorite album by them, and the song is killer too! I remember when I say them last October they opened the show with that song. Sooooo good!

Yeah, the albums Good Apollo: IV, and No World For Tomorrow are great for Prog fans.

Yeah, the newer one was a bit poppy. I remember Welcome Home being exceedingly epic when I saw them live.

If I had to choose just one song, I'd do Moby Dick (Live version) by Led Zepplin.

Please play nice, don't give the whole, I couldn't possibly pick one answer, I'm sure there is something that you think is particularly brilliant.

So is naming more than 1 like everyone in this thread has done so far the same thing as saying I could'nt possibly pick just one??

**STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN**

So is naming more than 1 like everyone in this thread has done so far the same thing as saying I could'nt possibly pick just one??

**STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN**

I'm not much more than a casual Zeppelin fan, but I'd have to agree... It has it all.

But since everyone else gets to list >1 song then I will too:

"Third Eye" & "Pushit" - Tool (the live versions from Salival)
The Drapery Falls - Opeth
White Cluster - Opeth
Moonlapse Vertigo - Opeth
The Lotus Eater - Opeth
Subdivisions - Rush
Red Sector A - Rush
Symptom of the Universe - Black Sabbath (full album version with that trippy part at the end)

Journey From Mariabronn by Kansas. Their musical talent was awesome from a group of farmers from Topeka, Kansas, plus that vocal outro needs to be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame all by itself..

Last edited:
to name a few:

Boston - Foreplay/Longtime

Elton John - Bitch is Back

Kansas - Carry On My Wayward Son

McCartney - Band on the Run

Jethro Tull - Cross Eyed Mary

Billy Joel - Scenes From an Italian Restaurant

Rush - The Trees

Zeppelin - Kasmir

I love rock songs with a kicking beat (Kasmir, Bitch) but also songs that have several parts that change things up (Scenes, Trees, Longtime, etc).

Heart of The Sunrise by Yes is KILLER!!!!! one of my faves.

Go for it, just trying to avoid the whole, "this thread is stupid" response.

I know it's a generic thread but occasionally some interesting discussion pops up from these kind of threads.

Pearl Jam - Black
Counting Crows - Anna Begins
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - The Wind Cries Mary
Megadeth - Hanger 18
Iron Maiden -Wasting Love

Best Song Ever is ridiculousely Crazy to try and narrow down... I mean its all about how we feel at the time... No way is this the only

Eleven - Primus
Bold As Love - Jimi

Back