what is a stage plot?

dairyairman

Platinum Member
hey knowlegeable types! my band is about to participate in a large-ish music festival. today i got an email from the organizer telling me they need me to send the sound engineering company a "stage plot" and a "microphone input list". what exactly are those things and what should go in them? i'm guessing that a stage plot must say something about where we're going to be on stage, is that right? is it like a graphical drawing or something? i assume the microphone input list is just a list of microphones we'll be using and who is using them. is that right?

thanks!

A stage plot is a visual that shows a band's stage setup. Where the amps are, monitors drum / keyboard riser, mics etc... Just google "Stage Plot" There are tons of stage plot templates on the web and examples to help you.

thanks! i didn't think about monitor needs or direct inputs. i'll make sure i tell them about that.

If you're playing a festival, having stage plots from all of the bands helps the sound guys to know what equipment they need to bring, allows them to write out their tape strips ahead of time (huge time-saver), and come up with a pre-manufactured stage setup (with lines run from the appropriate places, monitors set up, etc...) before the first concert. If they didn't come prepared, imagine the cacophony that would ensue between each act...

Back