Bass drum spur/bracket replacement

Diegorod

I have a yamaha stage custom advantage drum set, and one of the brackets is not working at all so I'm looking for a replacement, I can't seem to find one that matches the brackets on the set. I posted this same question on yahoo since I can't upload pictures on here, so please check this link out if you wanna see a picture of my brackets http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20140117152426AA6alju
, the problem with it is when u try to tighten it with a drum key so the leg could stay In place, it doesn't tighten, no matter how much u try to screw it in, it just won't, it stays loose, so if any of u know how to fix it, please help me out

Attachments

• 8d5d02b538b4435387e5c02a6d8693ea_A.jpeg
    8d5d02b538b4435387e5c02a6d8693ea_A.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 945
Last edited by a moderator:
See what Yamaha can do for you, but you might have to prepare for a total replacement with something else if the specific part is no longer available. The drum key adjustable area might have moving parts inside the casting that cannot be serviced, or replacement might be tricky. Do some hands-on research if possible to figure out what other spurs might fit that mounting hole pattern, and see if you can't just replace them whole-hog. It might be cheaper and easier in the long run.

Just call an authorized Yamha dealer,and give them the exact part number,and order through them.

Steve B

Back