DTX700 Yamaha

Has anyone bought or tried this kit? I tried one for about 10 mins at the drum shop a month ago and I thought it was fantastic. I can't find anything on drummerworld about it and my net search brings up other yamaha kits.

The pads felt great compared to the roland I have (an older TD6v model with mesh heads). The bell on the cymbal was very nice. I'm thinking of investing the $2500 for one of these. I've tried the roland td9, wasn't too impressed. This DTX700 looks like the midrange kit according the yamaha site.

Any feedback would be great!

Head over to vdrums.com or dtxexperience. You will get more feedback there. I dont have any experience with the 700, but my 900 is rock solid. I had to call Yamaha tech support once and they were top notch.

Chris

Having owned both brands, personally I prefer yamaha to roland..especially now with the new TCS pads…the samples that yamaha uses imo are more realistic..in addition, the dtx700 has some editing features that even 900 doesn't have...

Agree with Scorch which I've done many times with regards to Roland and Yamaha ha ha

I currently have a TD-4 (suits my needs at the moment) I had a DTXtreme III and yeah Yamaha's sound wise beat Roland hands down for $$ in my opinion

Back