Need help identifying drum lugs!

pap22

Hi all,

I purchased a Ludwig Rockers (so I've been told anyway...) drum kit several years ago, and the previous owner had removed the wraps...so they've been bare wood since then. Recently I decided to prepare the shells for staining to bring out the grain...also, the residual glue from the glue strips looked terrible. Anyway, in the process of removing all the lugs, I noticed that several were cracked where the screws thread into them, needing replacement (see pic).

I have no idea how to find these lugs, as there is no manufacturer name or code of any kind, anyplace...I've scanned many pages of old drum lugs on the internet and haven't seen one photo that matched these...do they look familiar to anyone? Best I can tell they are not Ludwig lugs...

I'm trying to avoid the cost of replacing all lugs on all drums so that they match...pretty costly! ...And honestly these drums aren't valuable enough to warrant such an investment.

Thank you in advance!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_5579.JPG
    IMG_5579.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,438
  • IMG_5580.JPG
    IMG_5580.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,318
  • IMG_5581.JPG
    IMG_5581.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,253
That looks like the lug on the older Rocker series alright.

I looked in the parts catalog, and that one is not listed at all.

I'd measure the hole spacing, and it probably matches a Classic or mini Classic lug.
You could put the mis-matched lug(s) in any spot you aren't going to see it.

The replacement lugs are not that expensive.

You could check eBay for a loner Rocker tom and just buy it for the parts too. Shouldn't be that expensive either.

They are indeed Ludwig lugs. From the Rocker and Standard Series. The hole spacing should be 1 & 11/16". Same as a large Classic Ludwig lug.

You can find a bunch of these on Ebay for about $2 ea. Look for a seller named 'Drumsforfun67' , he usually has a bunch for a decent price.

Good luck and Show pics...

That's cool news, I never thought of eBay for those, but there's a market for everything.
I'm actually kind of surprised that those aren't in the Ludwig parts catalog (since they have a number for EVERY little part), but if that style was only offered for a couple years, I can see why they wouldn't be.

Like most parts, Ludwig probably has a big 'ol box sitting in the corner of them just waiting to be used....

They are indeed Ludwig lugs. From the Rocker and Standard Series. The hole spacing should be 1 & 11/16". Same as a large Classic Ludwig lug.

You can find a bunch of these on Ebay for about $2 ea. Look for a seller named 'Drumsforfun67' , he usually has a bunch for a decent price.

Good luck and Show pics...

Thanks! So weird...mine measure 2 3/16" center-to-center...I saw some on eBay that measured what u said, 1 11/16"...I guess they made 2 sizes for Rockers, can this be possible?? Why, oh why is this confusing, it shouldn't be!

That looks like the lug on the older Rocker series alright.

I looked in the parts catalog, and that one is not listed at all.

I'd measure the hole spacing, and it probably matches a Classic or mini Classic lug.
You could put the mis-matched lug(s) in any spot you aren't going to see it.

The replacement lugs are not that expensive.

You could check eBay for a loner Rocker tom and just buy it for the parts too. Shouldn't be that expensive either.

Great idea, tx! I like the "donor" tom concept, but still I'd need to verify the lug size, since there seems to be an exact replica floating around out there with smaller hole spacing (1 11/16" vs mine are 2 3/16")...WEIRD!

Great idea, tx! I like the "donor" tom concept, but still I'd need to verify the lug size, since there seems to be an exact replica floating around out there with smaller hole spacing (1 11/16" vs mine are 2 3/16")...WEIRD!

... bass drum lugs are almost alway a little bigger, toms smaller

my lugs measure 2 3/16" for all 4 drums...is this not the norm in anyone's experience?

thank you!

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep that in mind and mention/ask the seller. Are you talking about hole spacing or overall length?

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you keep that in mind and mention/ask the seller. Are you talking about hole spacing or overall length?

hey..thanks...hole spacing, center-to-center...not sure why so hard to find, rockers were so popular, there are so many sets out there...i feel like i'm missing something!

Back