Is this Set-up available besides custom built?

TomRaaff

I have been a certain set-up in my head for what I imagine what my dream kit would be. So I've been looking for it, but I can't seem to find it besides custom drums. The set-up would be:
20x16 or 18 Bass
14x5 Snare
10x7 High tom
12x7 Mid tom (Or both rack toms 8" deep)
14x14 Floor

Does anyone know of a series which has such diameters?

If you aren't too hung up on depths, just about every drum company I'm aware of does Jazz shell packs that have 20" bass drums with 10, 12, 14" toms. The hard part is finding anyone that pre-packs the 10x7 and 12x8 sizes. The overwhelming standard today is 10x8 and 12x9.

There's this one. If you can get past the butt-ugly-ness of the colored hardware, that is. Maybe it's just me, but I like the chrome look (or at least make the top rims and lugs black, too).

Of course you could remove the paint and have them chrome plated.

Yeah, you could get by with that, but I'd prefer the kit to be playable out of the box without spending any extra money, except for changing out the heads.

Hmm, now that I think about it, what about reversing the color on the lugs and rims? Have them with black on blue and vice versa? That might be cool....if you did that, it might make that kit look 10 times better....

Does anyone know of a series which has such diameters?

Just about any and all drum manufactures can make/sell you those sizes. Throw out a $ figure for your budget, that'll determine quick who/how many companies can help you.

There's this one. If you can get past the butt-ugly-ness of the colored hardware, that is. Maybe it's just me, but I like the chrome look (or at least make the top rims and lugs black, too).

Oh man, that thing looks horrible... But it indeed has the sizes I'd want. It's the first one I've come across actually.

Just about any and all drum manufactures can make/sell you those sizes. Throw out a $ figure for your budget, that'll determine quick who/how many companies can help you.

I'm not sure yet about my budget. Actually I'm mostly fantasising about what I'd do when I feel the need to upgrade my current kit. I'm also not sure whether it's worth it to spend more than €2500 on it. So I'm not sure...
Let's say my budget it €2000 - €3000.

Tama hyperdrive kits except the bass is a 22"...Ebay or www.tama.com for details/pics. Try Ebay for Custom Classic Pro Hybrid Birch shell kit...maybe with good heads???

Attachments

• c:c drums.jpg
    c:c drums.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 201
  • hyperdrive tamas.jpg
    hyperdrive tamas.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 179
...Actually I'm mostly fantasising about what I'd do ...So I'm not sure...
Let's say my budget it €2000 - €3000.

€3000 is almost $4K. With that, you can get almost any pro level kit you want.​
What you need to do is shop all the major web sites. Tama, Yamaha, Mapex, etc. They usually all list specifications, or drum sizes, of their high end kits.​
Here's a link to the specifications and configurationsof Yamaha Recording Customs ... http://www.yamaha.com/drums/drumproductdetail.html?CNTID=546749
I'll let you do the actual "legwork", since it's your fantasy, not mine.​

yep, just about any major drum company has those sizes, you might have to buy a jazz kit then a couple add ons to get everything but from my recent fantasizing i know you can get a mapex saturn or orion jazz kit and add a tom to complete it and be well under half that price, even more if you can find them used. i've also seen gretsch kits with most of those same sizes (again add a tom).

not really that hard to come by....

Tama hyperdrive kits except the bass is a 22"...Ebay or www.tama.com for details/pics. Try Ebay for Custom Classic Pro Hybrid Birch shell kit...maybe with good heads???

I've seen that exact Custom Classic kit in person at one of the Sigler stores I live near...it is a great looking kit. I own one in the natural finish and I love it, especially for the price I gave for it.

I've seen that exact Custom Classic kit in person at one of the Sigler stores I live near...it is a great looking kit. I own one in the natural finish and I love it, especially for the price I gave for it.

personally i dislike the custom classic birch kits myself, even with good heads on it, i got a gretsch Catalina maple for about the same price and its some what similar to the dimensions that the original poster was looking for. It is a 6 piece kit though but it sounds beautiful, way better than my old ludwig accent combo kit lol.

personally i dislike the custom classic birch kits myself, even with good heads on it, i got a gretsch Catalina maple for about the same price and its some what similar to the dimensions that the original poster was looking for. It is a 6 piece kit though but it sounds beautiful, way better than my old ludwig accent combo kit lol.

Howdy, what experience do you have with the CC kits? Other than seeing one in person at a Sigler store in Arkansas you'd have to have played one someone ordered online. Was it one of the older CC maple kits? I haven't seen a Catalina for the $500 price they are selling the Hybrids for.

Back