Baseball thread

metal overlord

Gold Member
Who else here is any fan of baseball? I figured to make this since I didn't see a baseball thread when I did a search. Please keep it freindly.

I myself am a huge White Sox fan. What about you guys?

Last edited:
Yes! Sox Win!!!

White Sox!
White Sox!
Go go White Sox!
Let's go go go go White Sox!

Yeah!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who else here is any fan of baseball? I figured to make this since I didn't see a baseball thread when I did a search. Please keep it friendly.

I myself am a huge White Sox fan. What about you guys?
No no, RED Sox . . . RED . . . Sox!! L0L!! You've just made a mistake about the COLOR is all!! L0L!!!

Silly metal overlord, you must have been in a hurry when you made this thread!! Imagine such a mistake as picking the WRONG color!! HA HA!!!

So, corrected,

GO RED SOX!!

Root for the RAYS, or you'll be sorry. No fluke here boys.

Viper knows where its at, lester is ridiculous
Lester IS ridiculous, but it's obvious the Rays are to be reckoned with. I'd be mad as hell, but not surprised if they took it all.

I also wanted to see the Dodgers do well to give SteinBonehead and the Yankees something to think about in the off season after not resigning Torre. But now that Manny has been Manny and defected with his defects I hope they fall on their faces. All due respect (and it IS much) to Joe Torre, one of the BEST the game has ever seen.

And how can you not like Pinnella and the Cubs?? But it doesn't look too good as they're down 2 to the Dodgers already.

But of course, I bleed RED into my Sox, so, sans the post season workhorse Schilling but still with our newest "ace" Lester, Daisuke, and Beckett the third game "ace" and the proven post season bullpen commodity Jonathan Papelbon things are looking pretty good in the "Bay" state.
(yeah, I MEANT to word it like that)
Jason Bay has been the PERFECT addition to the Red Sox. No, he's not a HOF hitter like Mini Mind Manny, but he's a total ball player and has brought peace and a contagious work ethic to the Red Sox clubhouse.

My hopes for a Red Sox - Cubs world series aren't dead yet. So we'll see, it's Post Season, and you can NEVER tell!!

GO SOX!! (the red ones)

Yeah Viper I bet you did the same little celebration I did when Torre signed with the dodgers, that was an idiot move by Steinbrenner and co., he is one of the best. And you have to love Bay he is the anti-Manny. Two things i'm worried about: The Rays like you, and Jed, who started off soo hot but now seems like he strikes out every other at bat, I think if he can put the ball in play more he'll get real hot but he keeps striking out in clutch spots (regular season). Our bulpen looked like a worry but Masterson completley solidified it and Okie and Manny returned to form.

Yeah Viper I bet you did the same little celebration I did when Torre signed with the dodgers, that was an idiot move by Steinbrenner and co., he is one of the best. And you have to love Bay he is the anti-Manny. Two things i'm worried about: The Rays like you, and Jed, who started off soo hot but now seems like he strikes out every other at bat, I think if he can put the ball in play more he'll get real hot but he keeps striking out in clutch spots (regular season). Our bulpen looked like a worry but Masterson completley solidified it and Okie and Manny returned to form.

I was SHOCKED when they threw him out with yesterday's stale cannoli!! MAN!! And Gerardi's a nice guy n' all, but he's no Joe Torre. The Dodgers made it to the Post Season, proof enough that it was a mistake, but Steinbonehead ain't too bright and he'll go to his grave believing he made the right move.

Yeah, Lowri's bat HAS cooled off, but that's the beauty of the Red Sox, it's someone different all the time, you don't have to rely on just one or two guys. Everyone takes a turn at being the big gun for the evening. I'm gonna miss Lowell, as much of a trooper as he is, I don't see him making the complete post season. :(

HA HA !! Ray's are down 2-1 as we type!! (I'll root for the white sox JUST for this series) L0L!!

I was SHOCKED when they threw him out with yesterday's stale cannoli!! MAN!! And Gerardi's a nice guy n' all, but he's no Joe Torre. The Dodgers made it to the Post Season, proof enough that it was a mistake, but Steinbonehead ain't too bright and he'll go to his grave believing he made the right move.

Yeah, Lowri's bat HAS cooled off, but that's the beauty of the Red Sox, it's someone different all the time, you don't have to rely on just one or two guys. Everyone takes a turn at being the big gun for the evening. I'm gonna miss Lowell, as much of a trooper as he is, I don't see him making the complete post season. :(

HA HA !! Ray's are down 2-1 as we type!! (I'll root for the white sox JUST for this series) L0L!!

.And unfortunately they won, up 2-0, now its our turn tonight. If D-Mat controls the walks hes gonna be nasty, like always, I love the postseason! Yeah and Lowell is clearly in pain every thing he does, gotta love him, but I think JD looks good.

.And unfortunately they won, up 2-0, now its our turn tonight. If D-Mat controls the walks hes gonna be nasty, like always, I love the postseason! Yeah and Lowell is clearly in pain every thing he does, gotta love him, but I think JD looks good.
EXCELLENT!!!

Red Sox beat the Angels 7-5!! Up 2-0 now in the ALDS and BACK to Fenway!!! Good work by J.D. Drew with that clutch 2 run homer and I'll be damned, Jason Bay homered in BOTH games!!

Manny WHO?? HA HA!!

Yes Vipah game 2 was great, Jd and Bay launching bombs, lets finish it off tonight with ace 1A on the mound...looks like the Rays are gonna lose so we have a cahnce to rest before next series to.

Did I hear the White Sox fans, the other Chicago losers, say Congratulations to The Tampa Bay Rays. A little louder boys.!!!!!

Thank you baseball fan. We suffered 9 years with a bull pen that couldn't find the mound much less the strike zone.

Back