I'm back. Did you miss me?

I usually start the day by checking drummerworld and cant think of a better post to kick off the day. You made it, awesome!
You are going to be smiling to youself when you get that first gig going.

thx

jorn

Welcome back mate. Congrats on the recovery. I got a zickos of my own last week!

Welcome back. Happy to hear the great news!

So glad you're back and doing well buddy!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but, I just had my second gig tonight. Though things went OK, I was just a little off the mark. I have more gigs coming up and I expect to get better. The good news is that I have been asked to play a gig with some professionals with whom I have been dieing to play. The gig is a freebee to recognize the donation of a grand piano to the local library. (They probably couldn't find another drummer to play it for free.) I expect it will be good exposure for me and maybe I'll get some work out of it.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but, I just had my second gig tonight. Though things went OK, I was just a little off the mark. I have more gigs coming up and I expect to get better. The good news is that I have been asked to play a gig with some professionals with whom I have been dieing to play. The gig is a freebee to recognize the donation of a grand piano to the local library. (They probably couldn't find another drummer to play it for free.) I expect it will be good exposure for me and maybe I'll get some work out of it.

Nice! It's good to hear you're back in the saddle! I'm sure you'll have the rust shaken off in no time.

Good to hear you're healthy and doing well. You've got the best excuse in the world for being off the mark, which is more than most of us have got. Musical incompetence is my usual excuse.

Great to hear that you are doing well and back to playing. I'm sure that your love for music and being able to play again will go a long way in your recovery and you new outlook on life. God bless you.

No such thing as a cancer survivor, brother - you're a Cancer Conqueror! Congrats on beating the disease AND the treatments. ;-)

Metastatic prostate cancer in May 2006 - cancer free since August 2007. Prostatectomy was a cakewalk, but the radiation treatment was no joke - it turned me into a couch potato for 6 months.

No such thing as a cancer survivor, brother - you're a Cancer Conqueror! Congrats on beating the disease AND the treatments. ;-)

Metastatic prostate cancer in May 2006 - cancer free since August 2007. Prostatectomy was a cakewalk, but the radiation treatment was no joke - it turned me into a couch potato for 6 months.

Congratulations to you.

Welcome back. Congrats to you both on being survivors, conquerers, and winners

Glad you're back, glad you didn't give your drums away. And congrats on beating the cancer!

...but if you have an old Ludwig Acrolite you can send it to 4876 Santa Monica Ave. #222 San Diego, CA 92107. ;)

Always great to hear good news!!! FANTASTIC!!! treat yourself to a new kit...

Back