Iron Cobra vs Eliminators

Abhishek

Big dilemma for me.

Going to invest in a high end pedal, and it's between these two, as they are the only ones available.

I'm certainly interested in adding heel toe, and constant release to my drumming arsenal. I have heard the Iron Cobras are a little heavy to carry out these motions.

I've tried the Iron Cobras, and they do seem a bit heavy, but how are the Elims?

I have Elims, and they are smooth and light if you adjust them to be. You can adjust the beater impact with the different cams, as opposed to the Cobra's, where you have to buy the power glide and the rolling glide.

Hope this helps.

I would definitely go for the Eliminators....the IC's are a great pedal and feel pretty nice out of the box but the Eliminators are SO adjustable. If you take the time (and it will take some trial and error) to mess with all the settings, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a feel that is perfect for you. Once you get "that feel" just leave them there forever. They are meant to mimic the feel of a lot of different pedals with the interchangeable cam system. Also, I feel the Eliminators have a very sleek design and look. Doesn't hurt that they come with a nice carry case too.

Ok here is my pitch.

To each his own, and pedals are as unique to the player as players are so choose what you want but...

I have a set of Trick Detonators, and they do not compare to any pedals I have played before.

I have tried ludwig speed kings, tama iron corbras, axis, pearl, off brands, etc... But none compare.

If you got the cash, and you want the smoothest, quietest, fastest pedal, nothing beats a trick.

I'm casting my vote for the IC. I play heel-toe quite a bit, and this works fine for me. There are several adjustments you can make on to fine tune it to your specs. To be fair, I have not played the Eliminator. But, as was mentioned above, everyone's feet are unique. Since you have access to both pedals your best bet may be to try out each pedal to see which one best suits you.

I have iron cobra power glide, eventhough if i had the money I'd go with a DW 9000, but out of the two, I'd pick the Iron Cobra. It just seems more rugged, and the power glide gives me a ton more power and punch than the elims do, even though I do like the elims quite a bit too:)

It's the same as the Eliminators with blue cams.

True. And if you want even more punch, you can switch up to the red cam. All the more reason to buy a pedal that will give you the feel you're looking for in a matter of seconds.

I recently just bought the an Eliminator over IC and I think it was a great decision especially for more beginner drummers like my self as it allows you to mess about with the adjustments and find the set-up that best suits you.

Eliminators are groovy! I tried both at a store before purchasing online and I went with Pearl. I love experimenting with the cams and spring tension and my footwork has improved quite a bit. I'm still years away from 16th note triplets on the kick drum, which in my opinion is the best rock beat; but I am very pleased with the 2002s.

Big dilemma for me.

Going to invest in a high end pedal, and it's between these two, as they are the only ones available.

I'm certainly interested in adding heel toe, and constant release to my drumming arsenal. I have heard the Iron Cobras are a little heavy to carry out these motions.

I've tried the Iron Cobras, and they do seem a bit heavy, but how are the Elims?

What sort of kit do you own? My old eliminators did not fit my Starclassic hoops.

I have quite a few different pedals including the Pearl Eliminators, Tama Power Glide, Tama Rolling Glide, Yamaha chain/belt drive and the Trick Pro 1 V. Each pedal has it's pros and cons and all are quite expensive to be taking the advice from others on such a piece of equipment. Everybody can tell you what they like and why they like them, but in the end it has to work for you. I figure pedals are very personal, like underwear, some are much more comfortable than others. You gotta try them to know.

Dennis

Big dilemma for me.

Elims are fantastic.. BUT please dont believe that any technique is pedal specific.

Back