Did You Know Vic Firth Also Makes...

Salt and pepper grinders??? No joke! I was at this place called Good Morning, that sells high quality kitchenware and accessories and they had Vic Firth s/p grinders. They looked really nice, but I couldn't justify dropping like $60/each for them.

Haha, interesting. I personally think their wooden sticks suck (not brushes and mallets), but whatever, looks like they got the salt and pepper grinders right.

Seems like a very loose connection - oh, we make WOODEN drumsticks, why not make WOODEN s/p "mills"??? lol

Maybe the fact that they are drawn in two different directions explains why their wooden sticks snap in half in like 2 minutes.

lol nonetheless I would still feel like a loser proclaiming to the gathering, "hey, my s/p mills match my drumsticks (though I don't use their sticks)."

Grunter, I played a Gretsch kick the other day that sounded better than anything I have heard in a LONG time. It was only a 20" but it was strikingly deep and aggressive. I know that is off topic of VF, but I think you may have it figured out...

Last edited:
Yamaha makes drums and speed boat engines. Not a ton of connection there either, except that Yamaha is undoubtedly a much larger company so would have the resources to be able to break into multiple markets easier.

Yamaha makes drums and speed boat engines. Not a ton of connection there either, except that Yamaha is undoubtedly a much larger company so would have the resources to be able to break into multiple markets easier.

more than just speed boat engines. yamaha is one of those mega enormous asian companies that makes pretty much EVERYTHING (many many diff musical instruments, engines, motorcycles, electronics)

Vic Firth's pepper grinders are high quality. No Joke.

Love the sticks.

Love the salt and pepper mills.

Love the rolling pins.

My sticks don't break any more than any other sticks.

I bounce back and forth between Pro-Mark and Vic Firth and have never had any trouble with either... I have not actually broken a stick in over 15 years... I think in general, if you are constantly breaking sticks - of any brand - you should examine your technique.

Who cares what else a company makes - as long as they make it well.

Back