Tama 1st Chair round hydraulic or Roc N Soc round nitro throne?

classicstar

I am trying to decide on which throne to get. I need one that is comfortable and reliable and I have it down to these two. I've tested the nitro throne before and I loved it to death but I'm liking the looks and design of the tama and is a little cheaper. So which one in your opinion is better?

I've heard people on here mention that they had problems with the Nitro wearing out (slowly deflating/sinking iirc).

I have had a Nitro for 15 years and it shows no signs of wearing out and I am heavy, more than 200 pounds. My Roc-N-Soc has been reliable and comfortable. However, I know Tama makes very good hardware so you can't go wrong with either one.

I recently swapped out the seat on my Nitro for one of the very small seats that come on cheap thrones. It's not quite as comfortable but it's much easier to transport. The gas shock makes up for a lot.

I like both, but for a drum throne I prefer the Tama 1ST Chair hydraulic. Sometimes I believe that you can get too comfortable, lol. My Roc N Soc Lunar hydraulic bicycle seat with back rest has been moved to my mixing position. I too haven't had any problems with either throne, but I did have problems with some hydraulic desk chairs that lost pressure and began to sink.

Dennis

Back