EASY TO USE drum software

thekillerqueen

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have quite a few songs that I want to record, but I am struggling dam hard when it comes to drums for them. I'm not a drummer, i don't own a kit, so I am relying on good sounding drum software.

I've tried using preloaded drum beats on my keyboard but they are naff.

The main problem is that the drum software out there looks mega complicated ,especially for those like myself who aren't drummers. You know, the software like fruity loops etc, where you choose one beat and stick it in the time sequence you want.

I don't have the patience for choosing loads of drums and placing them in the right order, I don't even know where to start and it stresses me out. I tried fruity loops and other software like it, but I just can not use it.

I then tried EZ drummer, so you have a physical kit, but then as you can only click one drum at a time.

This is really hair pulling for me, and once again I am not a drummer so it makes life that much harder.

I know you can get free drum loops which is the best bet for me, but I don't like the idea of using other people's hard work.

Is there anything out there that is really easy for non drummers to get a good drum track?

The music is rock/blues/metal , so none of these crappy modern drum beats is required. ( which also makes it harder as most software is for this modern cack)

Thanks for reading, i appreciate that I am hard work, but I am hoping that someone has an answer.

I used Izotope Idrum for about 6 months and it is easy to use, sounds good, and cheap. If you buy the program and like it, you can buy more samples from them that have even more sounds.

The only con is that I never found out how to do triplet beats or swing time...I am sure the feature is there, but I just used it for fun.

Back