Song choices for practical music exam

Reilahnator

Hey,
i have my music practical exam coming up for my leaving cert (or i think its SAT's if your in america or GCSE's in england.. i think) and i need to choose 6 songs that really show off my skill as a drummer from some different genres.

so far i thought about playing:
Goodbye - Army of Anyone (because i like the last bit)
Fuse - Akira Jimbo or Wicked - Akira Jimbo
Caught up - Usher (the aaron spears version from youtube)
and i was thinking about taking a classical piece of music and adding from own drum beat to it...

I need 6 pieces so if anyone has any suggestions of difficult songs to play from any genres it would be greatly appreciated =]

could you be a little specific with what youre looking for?
and about what difficulty does it have to be?

What are the exam criteria (if you have them to hand)? Might help in reccomending tunes.

As Kevin said above, what is the stipulated difficulty of the tracks from the exam board?

Maybe picking three that are technically demanding and then three that are groove based might work out a nice contrast, after all the spaces in simple grooves mean that there's more room for error and a finer margin for being "on it" so to speak.

Hope you're well,

Kev

could you be a little specific with what youre looking for?
and about what difficulty does it have to be?

about the difficulty of the songs i said already if you see them on youtube. im not sure specifically what im looking for, just difficult songs that sound good i guess :S

Hmm...I know there is a Zoro track on the Vic Firth website along with notation that is quite simple but can be turned into a Grade 8 piece as there is so much room for adding personal touches. I didnt do GCSE music though, so i dont know what is expected playing level wise.

Here is the link anyway:

http://www.vicfirth.com/education/drumset/playalong/zoro2.html

You could try some God Is An Astronaut tracks, all instrumental, but the drumming is very good and there are 'easy' and 'difficult' tracks drumming wise.

Back