Some Transcriptions

Does anyone know Omar Hakim's groove off Shinjuku Strut off the "Let it Flow" video. Just one of the funkiest grooves ever. Love to see a transcription!

Abhisek: Same thing happened.
Hercraft: Thank you very much for your compliments!

Well, could you listen to the song, and transcribe the solo? The name is Ties That Bind by Alter Bridge.

Hey Korompay, many thanks for your contributions, I'm not sure how you even do what you do... kudo's! Carter Beufort of DMB does a fill 8:42 minutes into 'Jimi Thing' on their live Chicago CD. I've had no luck figuring it out nor finding a transcription. If you have the time, a transcription of this fill would be cool to have. Thanks for any consideration you give this.

Does anyone know Omar Hakim's groove off Shinjuku Strut off the "Let it Flow" video. Just one of the funkiest grooves ever. Love to see a transcription!
I've cheated for this one...
shinjuku.jpg

Well, could you listen to the song, and transcribe the solo? The name is Ties That Bind by Alter Bridge.
I tried it, but I can't hear nor see everything, but here is my guess anyway:
http://musicremedy.com/a/Alter_Bridge/videos/Ties_That_Bind-17152.html
alterbridge.jpg

Hey Korompay, many thanks for your contributions, I'm not sure how you even do what you do... kudo's! Carter Beufort of DMB does a fill 8:42 minutes into 'Jimi Thing' on their live Chicago CD. I've had no luck figuring it out nor finding a transcription. If you have the time, a transcription of this fill would be cool to have. Thanks for any consideration you give this.
Thank you very much for your compliments! Unfortunately I don't own this cd, so I can't help.

"Thank you very much for your compliments! Unfortunately I don't own this cd, so I can't help."

Hey K, thanks for the reply. sigh... :(

Hey K, I'll try one more cut if you don't mind. The drumbreak after the introduction clickity clacks of ZZ Tops 'La Grange', seems a challenge to most I've ever heard play it... including ME. If you have the original recording would you mind transcribing the opening triplets? I'm not sure where to place the bass kicks and just where the snare/toms accents are. The other two breaks seem clear enough, but... if you wouldn't mind??? :) Thanks again.

K, thanks for the ZZ bit, not exactly as I thought... but exactly as the cut I have is. Thanks again.

Abhisek: Same thing happened.
Hercraft: Thank you very much for your compliments!

Korompay, i know that your not looking to do any extra work or anything....and its not like you want to do requests...but do you think that you could manage to dig up some tony williams transcripts??
you seem to be able to translate anything!....although i can read music, i cant find any good translations and couldnt write them out myself!

if you could even just reply to this comment i would be grateful!

you got a real talent Korompay!!
thanks a million!!
il get right on them!....its always good to test yourself with new beats rather than make up your own...keeps the mind in shape!

Last edited:
Wow. . .what great stuff guys! thank you so much. Anybody know where I can get Steely Dan transcriptions? Looking for 'Home at Last' in particular and the refrain, synchopated break in particular. . . .thanks!

Back