Pulled the trigger on a cart.

lsits

Gold Member
After reading Bermuda's thread about his decision to get a cart, I decided that I should look into getting one. I currently use a fiber (fibre?) trap case with wheels that holds a snare drum, pedal, cymbals, and sticks/miscellaneous items. I also have a small folding platform cart that I use for my hardware bag. All the rest of my stuff I carry by hand and it takes about six trips back and forth to my truck to get it all.

After a couple of weeks of research, I decided to get the Rock N Roller R8 cart. I was initially going to get the R6 cart, which was $25 less, but thought that the extra 10 inches in extended length would let me get everything in one trip. Just ordered it today. It's shipping from Reno to my home in Southern California. Hopefully, it'll only take three days to get here.

I'll post pictures of the loaded cart when it gets here.

I ordered one the other day too.
The price was right so I had to do it.
Kara JS-KC90 for $79 shipped from Hello Music.

Attachments

• 41NXzvwNXiL._SL500_AA300_.jpeg
    41NXzvwNXiL._SL500_AA300_.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 202
I have been using one for years now. Our band bought 5 of them when we started playing cruises. They are great and will save your back and save you trips. Enjoy.

I probably should have gotten one about 15 years ago when I started playing in gigging bands semi-regularly. Oh well, better late than never.

Another reason I decided to get a well-made cart was because of the thread about the Sabbath tribute band. The cart was about $150 compared to $500 - $800 for a lighter shell pack. A no-brainer.

The cart came yesterday afternoon just as I was heading for work. Assembled it today. Loaded up my rig and took it for a little spin.

001-1_zps494f8c49.jpg

I didn't bungee anything down, but I probably would out in the real world. Handled like a dream. Everything fits except my hardware box/bag, which has its own small cart. Should have done this long ago.

Well, I used the cart for the first time at a gig last night. Here's the lowdown:

I loaded My five-piece Stage Custom set, along with my trap case that holds my cymbals, foot pedal, and Chad Smith snare, along with other items like microphones, cables, my drum rug, and my throne seat piled on top onto the Rock N Roller. All the rest of the hardware and my mic stand went into my hardware bag/box. For the most part I was able to push the small cart and pull the Rock N Roller at the same time, even with a slight incline (the locking front wheels helped). I say for the most part because there was an area about 20 feet long that had cobblestones. I had to move the carts one at a time at that point. Even fully extended (52 inches) it was easy to maneuver and the 8-inch and 5 inch wheels made for a smooth ride. I woke up this morning without the usual back pain that I normally get after a four-hour gig. Also, I wasn't the last guy out of there after the gig (for a change). Another plus is that it collapses to a pretty small size and was no trouble packing it into the car with the other stuff.

Big thumbs up on this cart.

Well, I used the cart for the first time at a gig last night. Here's the lowdown:

I loaded My five-piece Stage Custom set, along with my trap case that holds my cymbals, foot pedal, and Chad Smith snare, along with other items like microphones, cables, my drum rug, and my throne seat piled on top onto the Rock N Roller. All the rest of the hardware and my mic stand went into my hardware bag/box. For the most part I was able to push the small cart and pull the Rock N Roller at the same time, even with a slight incline (the locking front wheels helped). I say for the most part because there was an area about 20 feet long that had cobblestones. I had to move the carts one at a time at that point. Even fully extended (52 inches) it was easy to maneuver and the 8-inch and 5 inch wheels made for a smooth ride. I woke up this morning without the usual back pain that I normally get after a four-hour gig. Also, I wasn't the last guy out of there after the gig (for a change). Another plus is that it collapses to a pretty small size and was no trouble packing it into the car with the other stuff.

Big thumbs up on this cart.

Sounds like another satisfied customer to me! Congrats on deciding to no longer suffer! I love my cart too ;)

Back